We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Want to Know your review of your DSLR camera or Compact

MANTE84

Hey All ,

I'm creating that subject for speaking about our Camera , I'm meaning your experience with.

I'll buy soon a DSLR camera, I don't ever have bought one and my FZ18 is quite dated now. I don't know what thing must I look before buy ...

Actually I've seen two cameras : Nikon D5100 and the Canon EOS 600D, I don't ever have tried a Canon Camera so I want to know your review of these camera (if you can) .

We'll not speaking only about my future purchase ... This is a place where we'll speaking about different (lenses , camera ... etc .)

Thanks for your future help and your contribution to this topic.

Good on you for deciding to go the DSLR route I would if I could afford it but I own a Fujifilm S1600 which is a bridge camera you most of the features of a DSLR but without the interchangeable lenses its not too bad a camera but it has a tendancy to produce noise otherwise a great camera to use

a[/color] bad camera but it has a tendency to produce noise. Other than that, it is a great camera to use.

Now, I am not trying to be a grammar nazi but I just had to correct this sentence as it just made no sense whatever way I read it.

Anyway, I do own a DSLR which is the Canon 40D however it's a bit dated now. I haven't really heard or read much about the later ***D series cameras however I believe they are good at what they do. I wouldn't always go for the newest model as previously models can be just as good but without some of the premium features such as HD video recording and such.

Of course it depends on your budget and if you would use these features or not as the extra money you might have spent could go on better lenses which, in my opinion, is more important. ;)

I wasn't thought get this number of comment's, really thanks to who has posted yet !

Well I actually have a bridge so if it's for replace a bridge by a bridge that's no. But I didn't say your fujifilm is **** , just i want to pass to a DSLR camera.

Hum , The Queen I don't think your camera is a bit dated ... Just think "new camera" are a bit better. Well I've seen recently the 60d and it look nice , I'll ask Penfold if he like it and he'll give me his review

t. Don't you know something about your camera , and want to tell that to me^^ Okey I let you the time you need for give me your review.

Tilty flippy screen ftw!:p I like it on my 60D and SX20 IS. That said, probably not worth whatever ridiculous price on top of the 550 for it.

As for the 60D, so far I really like it. The only slight problem is the buttons lack any feel for whether or not you have just pressed one, but it only really bothered me the first few times I used it.

I love my 550d. Also, DO NOT get the 600d. Get the 550D as it's no different to the 600D apart from the stupid tilty flippy screen. It's a pathetic update.

Although it's still pre release it does seem like a totally and utterly pointless upgrade, it scores ever so marginally better than the 550D in low ISO performance and that... is the only difference performance wise, and even that is so minimal you'd never notice.

Canon must be milking the "must have latest gadget" crowd.

I just saw no people has peaking about the D5100 , what's wrong with this camera ? Tom just bought the D7000 I think the D7000 is a bit better than it.

And about the flippy sreen of the 600d , i think that's not really a gadget , I've tried last week end a DSLR with that , you can see what' you're taken when you (for exemple) try to make a detail of something is in height. Well .. the 600d is between a 550d and a 60d

I'll try everything for get a 60d ^^ It looks like awesome !

The D5100 would have been a pointless upgrade since I had a D5000. On paper it's a D5000 with better video (which I don't use) and higher MP count yet exactly the same ISO range as the D5000... which seemed pointless.

The D7000 has a lot more than the D5100. The D7000 replaces Nikon's flagship consumer DSLR the D90. The D7000 features more focus points, wider ISO range, better ISO performance, more metering and white balance settings, mirror lock up, weather sealing, auto focus compatible with all previous Nikon lenses (thanks to having the focus motor in the camera body not the lenses like the lower DX models), dual card slots, 6fps shooting, auto focus video recording, speedlight commander modes, higher maximum shutter speed and much more.

The D7000 is quite a bit more expensive than the D5100, this doesn't mean the D5100 is bad just that the D7000 features quite a bit more. You do though have to ask yourself if you need all these features. For me the winners were ISO performance and in body focus motor.

The D7000 and 60D are basically equivalent cameras, with each having their pros and cons over the other. If you are aiming that high then fair enough, although it may be a bit excessive for your needs you'll still get a great camera.

Well my dad said to me in the past that he spent his month wage on a camera (25 years ago) I think that I should buy a good camera because I want it last in the future ... If I buy a cheaper thing it will dated really quickly. So I'm sure I have to put money on a good camera and get good pictures. Does anyone know, if I take pictures for a wedding or something like that and win money, why not? Now

Now the choise depend what's i prefer canon or nikon ... Just the name change and some details. Another things, i'll certainly make some pictures on raceway, which lense(s) should I buy 55-250mm ? 70-300mm ? Thanks Tom for your help , it is really helpfull.

If i understand very well you'd come for buy a D7000 ? Hum that's a hard choise besides I have to convince my dad , i'll have to promise many thing i think.

Good choices. I'm going to agree with Tom (Aussie Tom) about the 600D. It is pretty much same in every way as the 550D except for the screen and a hefty price rise. The 60D is a much more sensible choice as it has the screen but many more features so it's worth it. It's a lot but if you can pay a bit extra, it will be an excellent upgrade. And yes it will be future proofed. But of course have a look at Nikon too! They are just as good.

After Two hours and a half of conversation you finally decide to post a comment's ; I think you're right about the 600d, this screen don't justify the price. So i think i'll go for a 60d, that's a better choise !

I'll not forget to take a look to the all new D7000. Thanks for your help guys, keep to post comment's on this thread, that's nice to have peoples reviews.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, a little bit. The 550D has better movie, higher MP count, better screen, I think it performs slightly better in low light, it has an updated button layout, more frames per second in burst mode, etc. That's just some stuff off the top of my head, but if you want to know more, just ask.