We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLGT3 - PC - Build Log

iLLGT3

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newegg said that the motherboard was damaged (well done) and that they are sending it back and suggest that I contact the manufacturer (ASUS) to get a refund/exchange. :(

In other news, I bought a ASUS PCIE wireless network adapter!

Well, Newegg would not take a return on my motherboard so I contacted ASUS. They gave me an RMA label and everything I need to ship it but it says in the email, burns are not covered under warranty. Problem is, I'm not the only one that has had this trouble and with all the other cases I've read, others have gotten a refund. These people have burn marks in THE EXACT SAME places as mine. ASUS damn well better exchange this for me.

Any updates on this?

Never bothered with RMAing things myself. I think it's too much hassle but then again in that sense I'm just throwing away money. Actually no, that's a lie, I got my monitor fixed but that was because all I had to do was take it to PC World and they sent it off and whatever else. Other than that I either try fixing it myself or throw it into the back of a drawer, lol.

Just bought an i5 2500K myself. Different motherboard and RAM though, because I'm on a tighter budget :p

Newegg wouldn't take it back due to "physcial damage." I assume they think I messed up overclocking or something like that. They told me to contact ASUS so I rang them only to basically hear the same thing. I sent pictures to a 3rd party telecom company guy and he said "hopefully they will exchange it for you." I just bought another P8P67 and some Arctic Thermal Paste tonight. I'm gonna go ahead and send this burnt one to ASUS anyway so we'll see how that goes lol.

The amazing part is, this is a known yet somewhat rare problem with these P8P67's. I've got 3 forums bookmarked with other folks with burn marks in the same place as mine. :lol:

You'll be happy with the 2500k. Such a breeze to overclock.

Well everyone, my PC is finally done! It's been an interesting 8 or so weeks (damn, been a very long time) but she's running good!! Had a bit of a scare this morning with the ASUS BIOS saying that my 2500k was running at 80C which turned out to be a false alarm but it did lead me to re-applying my thermal paste because I did a crappy job the first time. I thank you all so much for you help and I look forward to playing PC games with you all!

Pics coming soon. :)

WooT!! It runs TDU2 at max settings!!

My specs:

i5 2500k

XFX HD 6850

Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4GB memory

ASUS P8P67 REV 3.0

WD Caviar 1TB 7200RPM 6.0 Gbps HDD

Sony Optiarc

Cooler Master Storm Scout

Soon upgrades:

Corsair CPU water cooler

Blue Case Fans

Blue Lighting (ordered)

69xx GFX soon

8GB Corsair Vengeance Memory 1600

Yeah the 7 series isn't long off.

I was once told a computer is judged by how many lights it has.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

The fans has red lights.. Cant tell though yea.