We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lamborghini DLC?(unofficial)

wcumbie

I know a way we can get our 'Lamborghini's'. I know the purpose of the Test Drive Unlimited series is to have official licensed vehicles, that look exactly as they do in real life, but Eden and Atari can do what Rockstar did with the vehicles in GTA IV. They can give the cars the same performance data as an actual Lamborghini, but make the car look 'similar' to the actual car. Then we can have our 'Lamborghini's' without any licensing issues! For example: In GTA IV, The 'Marbelle' is actually a Lincoln Towncar. The 'Marbelle' looks almost EXACTLY like a Lincoln Towncar. But they change a few visual aspects of the car, give it a different name, but the same performance data as in real life, and there is your 'Lincoln 'Towncar' without ANY licensing issues! I wouldn't mind if Eden did this.

:cactus: :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind, if they look good enough. The traffic is also unlicensed, and I know for sure most people here who own/owned GTA IV drove around with both licensed as unlicensed cars without being bothered by it.

And don't forget the Eden Buggy and perhaps later the Top Fuel Dragster are also unlicensed vehicles.

There was a similar licensed vs nonlicensed debate on NFSCars.net for some other game, this is what I said there:

I think the best option for a combo is like getting both traffic vehicles as playable vehicles either licensed or not, that would look most realistic.

For playable vehicles, well, it doesn't matter thát much, it just depends how you make them look like. I never thought the cars of Burnout Paradise, Grand Theft Auto or Crashday had the biggest minus being non licensed vehicles. Infact, imo it doesn't make or break a game really. Of course I'd want licensed cars mostly, but I won't cry like a girl in a corner if they're not. It then just depends how you mix existing cars into one car combined with some design by the artists themselves. You can't mix blindly, it has to look proportional correct and maybe you can make such cars look like they were intended to be designed like that, instead of being a simple ''take front X, take rear Y, and use the Bridge polygon option, and voila there's your car''.

It's also without a doubt a good way to save money and keep it for other stuff you might consider more important such as scripting of stuff or whatever.

Bottom line for me is, I won't cry if they're non licensed, but I guess that also depends a bit on the game and its dimensions. Think of Burnout or a truck sim with imaginary vehicles, or Forza/GT with imaginary vehicles. I think latter would be more odd than the first option.

I know a way we can get our 'Lamborghini's'. I know the purpose of the Test Drive Unlimited series is to have official licensed vehicles, that look exactly as they do in real life, but Eden and Atari can do what Rockstar did with the vehicles in GTA IV. They can give the cars the same performance data as an actual Lamborghini, but make the car look 'similar' to the actual car. Then we can have our 'Lamborghini's' without any licensing issues! For example: In GTA IV, The 'Marbelle' is actually a Lincoln Towncar. The 'Marbelle' looks almost EXACTLY like a Lincoln Towncar. But they change a few visual aspects of the car, give it a different name, but the same performance data as in real life, and there is your 'Lincoln 'Towncar' without ANY licensing issues! I wouldn't mind if Eden did this.

:cactus: :rolleyes:

And let me add something: We could change those unlicensed cars with modded cars.

:bananadance2::bananadance2::bananadance2::bananadance2:

• 2 weeks later...

And don't forget the Eden Buggy and perhaps later the Top Fuel Dragster are also unlicensed vehicles.

Sure but those are bonus/cut cars. That's something different. It's like old games did it. Bonus cars can be fictitious and not licensed. Remember the El Nino or FZR2000 from NFS?