We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5: PotW Week 8 Entry

Dude how do you wheelie I must know

LSD

Everything to max

Suspension

Drop the front end to the ground, Raise the back end all the way up

Use lowest spring rates possible

Dampers Bound/Rebound both 1/1

Anti-Roll Bars 1/1

Camber: 0.0/0.0

Toe: 0.0/1.0

Skid recovery force: ON

++ Modify the transition for best acceleration.

;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All im saying is like I said quite a few weeks ago, some of us will just touch up etc, but others WILL take advantage of the allowance of photoshopping, and whether they win or not that will ruin the spirit. Meh, nevermind me though.

I agree with you here.

And the difference of the photo contrast in your playstation and here is just the configuration of your screen. It does not lose contrast, even because it makes no sense. My photos get better when upload here in the computer than when in my tv. So, yes, lose quality? Lame excuse.

Come on, it's not like the rules allow anything more than just "touching up".

This. I saw Tim's original entry and there was really small amount of shopping in it. Nothing too serious in terms of votes. The most work has to be done ingame, in the photomode. Slight Photoshopping doesn't turn crap into gold. :rolleyes:

I just add noise or sharpen and change contrast/saturation in my pics (which i enter here).. I dont add a second building or things for potw photos

First you need skills, or luck, to get a good photo, you cant get a great shot just because of photoshop

I just add noise or sharpen and change contrast/saturation in my pics (which i enter here).. I dont add a second building or things for potw photos

First you need skills, or luck, to get a good photo, you cant get a great shot just because of photoshop

But it can make the difference between 2 good photos. The photoshopped one, will be more eye catching, since it is improved in photoshop.

But it can make the difference between 2 good photos. The photoshopped one, will be more eye catching, since it is improved in photoshop.

Of course, if you see a normal pic next to a HDR one, your eye will move to the HDR one first, that's for sure

I agree with you here.

And the difference of the photo contrast in your playstation and here is just the configuration of your screen. It does not lose contrast, even because it makes no sense. My photos get better when upload here in the computer than when in my tv. So, yes, lose quality? Lame excuse.

It does lose contrast for me. And a lot of it. My TV settings are at optimum, and I have no idea how else to increase them that would sort the contrast out. It is not a lame excuse, it's the truth. Without any contrast ediiting, my photos look like crap, especially Monochrome ones, due to the noticeable lack of contrast. I am, as I'm sure many others are, at an immediate disadvantage here. So why should we not be allowed small contrast editing, which it clearly states in the rules is allowed, to make our pictures to pretty much the same standards as others? Everyone is allowed to edit them so it is perfectly fair. If you choose not to, that's fair enough, but why have a go at people who choose to and stick by the rules? It's not like I've completely altered the photo in every single way possible. (as SBCriss said)

I realise it's about the photomode skill this competition, but if the photo does not look attractive enough compared to others, simply because of the quality of the image decreasing upon upload (that can't really be helped), then why should I (and others..) be put at a disadvantage? If everyone is allowed small editing, it's all fair, and their should be no problem.

Why do I bother sticking as close to the rules as possible when people just have a go at me? I'm sorry if you have a problem with the editing, but it's just my personal choice to make it look more appealing. Anyway it's changed back now, I only put that image there as a stop-gap really until I found a better one. (My picture looks like crap next to yours which I find a little unfair, but the quality can be matched with simple editing. I may have gone over the top with contrast but still...)

/rant. I'll shut up now. I hope this made sense as it didn't to me...

It does lose contrast for me. And a lot of it. My TV settings are at optimum, and I have no idea how else to increase them that would sort the contrast out. It is not a lame excuse, it's the truth. Without any contrast ediiting, my photos look like crap, especially Monochrome ones, due to the noticeable lack of contrast. I am, as I'm sure many others are, at an immediate disadvantage here. So why should we not be allowed small contrast editing, which it clearly states in the rules is allowed, to make our pictures to pretty much the same standards as others? Everyone is allowed to edit them so it is perfectly fair. If you choose not to, that's fair enough, but why have a go at people who choose to and stick by the rules? It's not like I've completely altered the photo in every single way possible. (as SBCriss said)

I realise it's about the photomode skill this competition, but if the photo does not look attractive enough compared to others, simply because of the quality of the image decreasing upon upload (that can't really be helped), then why should I (and others..) be put at a disadvantage? If everyone is allowed small editing, it's all fair, and their should be no problem.

Why do I bother sticking as close to the rules as possible when people just have a go at me? I'm sorry if you have a problem with the editing, but it's just my personal choice to make it look more appealing. Anyway it's changed back now, I only put that image there as a stop-gap really until I found a better one. (My picture looks like crap next to yours which I find a little unfair, but the quality can be matched with simple editing. I may have gone over the top with contrast but still...)

/rant. I'll shut up now. I hope this made sense as it didn't to me...

How so your photo, only YOUR photo lose quality while uploading? I mean, pretty much everyone here MUST upload the photos, so, if it does lose quality, which i really doubt so, everyone would lose quality either. That does not make sense SuperVeloce.

I mean, for real... everyone need upload the photos... everyone is pretty much in same condition. You are not in disvantage, to be more clear.

:hmmm: If you take a photo which looks good on your TV just because the TV has higher contrast than your PC screen, doesn't it mean it loses the desired level of contrast? I think it's fair and STILL it's all about the ingame photomode, not the afterward photoshopping and I don't see any way how Tim would be a difference as he's 100% obeying the rules.

To put it straight: Tim's TV has a higher contrast level than his PC screen, he takes a photo that looks good on the TV and when looking at it on the PC screen, it doesn't have as much contrast and may look like crap. He then adds some contrast in photoshop and it's all within the rules. I mean - he's not virtual tuning the car or anything!

:hmmm: If you take a photo which looks good on your TV just because the TV has higher contrast than your PC screen, doesn't it mean it loses the desired level of contrast? I think it's fair and STILL it's all about the ingame photomode, not the afterward photoshopping and I don't see any way how Tim would be a difference as he's 100% obeying the rules.

To put it straight: Tim's TV has a higher contrast level than his PC screen, he takes a photo that looks good on the TV and when looking at it on the PC screen, it doesn't have as much contrast and may look like crap. He then adds some contrast in photoshop and it's all within the rules. I mean - he's not virtual tuning the car or anything!

Then i just back in my first argument, it is just a screen settings. His photos do not lose quality.

He never said they do. They lose contrast. He sets it to the desired level that looks good on his TV - that's the way he wants it to be. Then it's lower on his PC screen which means it's not what he originally wanted - he wants to edit it.

Sure he said it... He even said he is in disvantage... :/

Well I may not be at a disadvantage as such, but no one else is. Everyone in this competition has the chance to edit their photos slightly, it's their problem if they choose not to.

I don't get what the issue is, I stuck by the rules, why are you complaining about it? I don't see people complaining because I posted a picture that was the right file size for the forum rules.

Well I may not be at a disadvantage as such, but no one else is. Everyone in this competition has the chance to edit their photos slightly, it's their problem if they choose not to.

I don't get what the issue is, I stuck by the rules, why are you complaining about it? I don't see people complaining because I posted a picture that was the right file size for the forum rules.

I am not complaining anymore, just saying my point. And now i will stop. My entry is there anyways.

People complaining about the editing clearly don't have photoshop or have no clue how to use it...

Well, i do have photoshop and i also know how to use it. Your statment are no longer valid.

(Yes, i was complaining at first, now i just don't care.)

So you dont necessarily have to take the best picture, you just need to take one then do whatever in photoshop to win. Great...

I don't think there's a prize involved? I thought this little game was about sharing nice pics. I don't really care if anyone is using ps or not they look good enough.