We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How can i convert a sound by fm3 to tdu?

'Replay'

I'd open this topic because no one had answer me.

And i already know that is not easy =\

This isn't true. You asked me by PM and I answered that I don't know how to convert fm3 sounds.

I created a topic about fm3 sounds problem (http://forum.tdu-central.com/threads/25085-Where-do-I-find-the-downshifts-in-Forza-3-files), but so far no one seems to know the solution.

Also, with a little search on this forum, you can easily find answers to these conversions questions already.

np, I just can tell you that to extract the fsb file you need a dedicated program. I use one called "towav" (but there are others) , just drag the fsb file on it and it will extract the wav files, then you're supposed to convert some of these files in TDU audio format. But then the real problem starts, like I posted about in the other thread...

• 2 weeks later...

I see, I suspected that and it explains why there are no downshifts samples in the files.

However, Forza don't use the same kind of samples than in TDU and I don't think that conversions can give a good result. Why? Because in Forza the samples are mostly 1 second long, so maybe it will sound good at first impression but if you focus at listening the sound in game, you will hear the sample looping again and again, which isn't a characteristic of a good sound mod, to my opinion.

• 5 months later...

I've read your posts, and for me it seems like you have two choices.

The first is : Do the hard work and make the 1second long extracted FM3 files as long as the tdu files "manually" in your audioprogram.

But this way you don't get the downtouring sound.

The second is : Rerecord it. If you don't have a mixer just plug your output directly back into the input of the soundcard and control

the volume by sight at the pegels. Or set it before recording. Now get into your FM3 and hold the gas as long as you want.

Is this a solution ? I think so.

You can do that for the downtouring too by driving real fast in highest gear, and then let it tour down

very slowly so you get good files.

In the most youtubevideos the cars are not holding the gas and are not long downtouring. So its possible with skill and patience

but hard to get good files. In your case you decide how long the motor revs stable. So what , put some effort in it.

I hope you agree that making a copy of a picture is not the same like making the pic with the camera and work with it.