We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

P&C Car Reviews *2013 Ford Focus*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gran Turismo Omologato.

So I had this great idea for us to take the 250 GTO and 599 GTO somewhere and take some pics. Heres what came from that :)

I drove the 250, Clarence drove the 599.

Gran Turismo Omologato new and old..

6346368421_1a53d0b5d0_z.jpg

6346369507_47fc7a0fb1_z.jpg

6346370313_03e307d40c_z.jpg

6346366763_aa5911cb91_z.jpg

6347118070_06a513e1c9_z.jpg

6346367731_c8810abde4_z.jpg

6347118522_5177d97f5e_z.jpg

6346368163_fda8350fb7_z.jpg

6346369273_796616d63d_z.jpg6347120308_f2f016902f_z.jpg

Click here to see the whole set

Hope you enjoyed them :) And sorry for the lack of content lately guys, weve both been a bit busy with the real world. Me getting back to work, recovering from a broken ankle- I dont think I should talk for Clarence, he will tell you if he wants. :lol: anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's time to revive this thread, she's been in the dark long enough.

Today I drove a car that I had driven long ago - and I admit I was in a stupor when the car had been nothing as I remembered it to be. The car in the first place had been fairly forgettable, but as I drove it around today I knew something was wrong. If the car had been this bad previously, I'd have remembered - I must remember. The problem was, I didn't remember at all. As forgettable as the car was, I still don't recall how well it drove the first time I slammed the accelerator down. But deep inside of me, while driving this car - I was immensely distraught with, well, anger.

Up-coming is a review of this car and the innumerable flaws it posses. Stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back everyone. I'm trying out a new way of reviewing cars today - with my VOICE. So please click

HERE to listen to the review - or if you'd prefer to read it, you can do that below. Comments, etc. welcomed as always. Enjoy.

6727116621_18f2bf08dd_b.jpg

Every couple of years Jaguar comes out with their new models - which are utterly predictable (XKR) and we all shrug and accept this "new" version with more power and a face that's beginning to be the poster child of plastic surgery. But every once and awhile Jaguar announces a new car to replace the dying breed of their old series, which has us all shivering with anticipation in the hopes that Jaguar will produce a car other than the XKR that makes me physically want to say "yes, this is a great car, I want to own this". With the S-Type dying off in late 2006, Jaguar introduced us to the XFR - their new mid-sized luxury sedan. So we waited to see if this was the car we were hoping for... Spoiler alert. It isn't.

6727116811_4448130665_b.jpg

Let's begin with the exterior of the car. It's large and bulky; the headlights look like two gouging eyes trying to stare you down at a strip club, which is rather unsettling. In fact, the entire front of the car looks like it's begging for your love and attention, unfortunately this car is the ugliest bulldog from the front; the same however cannot for said for the back. It's like they took the bottom of the most refined Englishman (Jude Law presumably) and screwed the top of Lindsay Lohan onto him. The two ends just don't match - one end is so ugly it could rip your face off just by looking at it, the other end looks so refined I'd probably end up being knighted by it. The exterior of the XFR was specifically designed to reduce drag and increase handling.. which we'll get to later on.

6727117435_4b29b0171c_b.jpg

So what about the interior then? Well it's a bit of the same story really. The interior of all Jags have always really caught my eye for being so comfortable and beautiful. The XFR continues that thought process - and then proceeds to ruin it by placing knobs and buttons all over the wheel and the dash. Literally so many buttons that the luxuriousness of the interior is overshadowed by the incompetence of those who designed it.

6727116935_0b0c90a96b_b.jpg

So, it looks bad and they've ruined the interior, the performance is where it shines, right? Not at all. Where to begin, where to begin..? Let's start with the entire lack of a braking system - it seems Jaguar saw fit to equip this heavy luxury sedan with brakes made of clay, no, they aren't even good enough to be considered clay, they're made out out of (expletive) sand. In fact, trying to brake in this car is like trying to censor the internet, it's impossible and completely stupid. What about the handling? That can't be bad also! Well guess what, it is. There's so much weight at the front of the car that turning into a corner pushes the whole body outward (understeer), however you push it too far and the tail slips out from underneath you. There is NO balance between the two, you're either wide, or sideways in every single corner. The acceleration shockingly isn't a total disaster with a fairly quick 0-60 time and more than enough horsepower. Sadly, this is hardly sufficient to make up for the cars total inadequacy.

6727117055_7269c379f8_b.jpg

As a drivers car, in average everyday life is where this car shines however. It's quiet, comfortable and sips gas (if you buy the diesel model) which is what every executive is looking for - supposedly. The XFR has won "best executive car" 4 years in a row which is nothing to goff at - thanks to the details above it works quite well as an everyday car. So, in the end - it's horrible going around turns with any speed, it can't slow down and it's rather ugly. But if you want to drive it slowly in traffic all day - it's the car for you.

6727117285_ed668028e7_b.jpg

6727117827_2436c069a3_b.jpg

6727117619_e60a1b48e1_b.jpg

Just curious, did anyone actually click the link or read the whole thing? Cause I don't do these for the pics, that's what my other thread is for...

i actualy readed off course!

(did not listen because i was bussy but i enjoy your style of commentary!)

Hmmm. I might not voice over them if you read it then, no point in doing both really. Thanks for the compliments guys, I do suggest you have a listen, hearing me talk about it is usually better than reading words. ^_^

:mhmm:

:hmmm:

:nods: then

This is the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. It has 3 doors (4 if you count the hatch) and is Hyundai's new...thing. Before we get into things we might regret, let me inform you, I'm wholly against anything or any car that Hyundai has ever produced in it's lifetime. I hate them, I really, really hate them. Now that that's out of the way; looking back at Hyundai's failed car list (which is all of them) we can see that they've all suffered from the same tragic flaws. Horrifically underpowered and full of understeer, not to mention they make me sick when I look at them. However with this new Veloster, things seem to be looking up. Or are they?

6733991289_53888fea3d_b.jpg

Beginning with the exterior of the car, Hyundai recently gave all of their models facelifts - which really hasn't worked out too well because the cars have gone from looking like 1992 to 2082. I fail to understand the awkward headlight design, or the fact that they seem to have copied SEAT's trunk. The biggest thing I have an issue with however, is the fact that the drivers side has one door and the passengers side has two. Hyundai in all their brilliance seemed to think it was "hip and cool" to design a car such as this. The reality is however is that the car seems to be misshapen - which honestly doesn't help it's looks.

6733990913_267b47fe5f_b.jpg

So what about the interior? Well shockingly, it's actually rather decent. Everything seems to be put in a functional place and the tach/speedo are actually enjoyable to look at. The entire interior itself is just... well... it's good.

6733991695_a801980e0b_b.jpg

Performance - all the other Hyundai's have always lacked in the power department. But finally, it seems like the Korean's have seen the light; more power in your car is actually not a bad thing as long as you don't overdo it. 208 brake horsepower come firing out of the turbo-charged inline 4 engine - which doesn't sound like much compared to some other hot hatches out there; but let me assure you that 208 BHP is certainly enough to get this car going in any direction you want it to. Speaking of speed, it's always nice to be able to slow down after you've hit the gas, the brakes in past Hyundai's haven't been bad, don't get me wrong, but they created a tidal wave of understeer getting into a corner - which was a bit of an issue. I'm pleased to announce that the Veloster's brakes actually cause little to no understeer under braking. In fact, the car handles brilliantly - I can't believe I just said that.. let's move on.

6733991411_d0f155a901_b.jpg

So, handling, brakes and speed aren't an issue at all. The price is cheap and it gets great gas mileage. Shame the exterior is so ugly however, it's a bit like driving a Panamera actually - as long as you're on the inside you're golden. So ladies and gentlemen (mostly gentlemen) I have to say it. After my entire life of hating Hyundai's I actually think this one is quite good, actually, beyond good - it's quite excellent.

6733991029_d24832eb9e_b.jpg

I quite like that review. Amazing really given that you assured me the Veloster would collect dust after that test. :lol:

Suggestions (pick one and I will happily send one over, I do expect the more expensive ones back though):

-Audi RS2 [if you want it.]

-Aston Martin Virage [it would be nice to have it back.]

-Ferrari 250GT California [i really do expect this one back]

-Lexus ISF [if you want it.]

-Mercedes C63 [if you want it.]

-Mercedes E63 [if you want it.]

-Toyota Prius [Please keep it, I have 2 and hate both.]