We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iTunes help

randomsox10

so i just got my new iPhone in the mail and its all set up but i need help updating the iTunes to version 10.5. i got to a point and it said something about not having acsess to a file and to verify that i do and it shows this long sequence of letters numbers and what not. could someone help me out, give me some ideas cause i am stumped.

Quoted for truth :lol:

Needs to be in a sig ;)

:lol: I'll be looking for this quite in a sig sometime soon.

hmmmm i'll try that when i get a chance. i wont lose my music though right?

You won't lose your music (.mp3 or whatever) files, however you may lose any custom playlists, album artwork, that sort of thing. If I were you I'd export your library so that you don't have to input all the music information back into iTunes. Click "File, Library, Export Library..." and that should save your current iTunes Library.

Isn't all that info kept in your user profile, which isn't touched by the iTunes installation? I've moved people's profile from one computer to a new one at work, then installed iTunes on the new PC and it picks everything up straight away (put it this way, no-ones complained of losing anything).

Isn't all that info kept in your user profile, which isn't touched by the iTunes installation? I've moved people's profile from one computer to a new one at work, then installed iTunes on the new PC and it picks everything up straight away (put it this way, no-ones complained of losing anything).

Well if you buy EVERYTHING off the iTunes store then you can move files wherever you want (I think it's up to five computers). Unless now theres a way to move music and video file information obtained by other means that I don't know of...

• 3 months later...