We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The most honest review of 2011 Driving Games ever.

That's a good round-up indeed but I'm not sure about his portrayal of Driver SF's handling being the best. It was the best for the type of game it was but if that handling was to be in other games it would be annoying as honestly I found it very light and floaty, a bit more weight to the cars and I think they would have nailed the perfect in-between arcade and sim handling.

arcade ----------X----------sim

As it was I think it just missed the mark

arcade --------X------------sim

I'm also talking from the view of the original Driver's where the cars indeed felt heavy so that's probably why I have this opinion. :)

I'm also talking from the view of the original Driver's where the cars indeed felt heavy so that's probably why I have this opinion. :)

I agree. I really liked Driver SF but I still think Driver 1 has some of the best physics of any game I have ever played. :D

I do not agree with him that Driver SF had the best Multiplayer though. Sure the game modes were fun but not after playing the same ones over and over and over and [...] again. Which you would, as there was only people at level 1 online that hadn't unlocked the rest of the game modes yet. I also think there should have been an online free roam mode that could let you play with anyone who happened to be online without having to make you find your friends and then connect to only them.

Well I've spent more time playing DSF than FM4 so I guess it's fairly accurate on that front. I get what he means when he says everyone wasn't sure about the story behind Shift mode, but the mode itself was fantastic, esp in Multipleyer. MP was indeed very fun but let down by the servers as I have to search about 20 times to find a non-empty lobby (remember most game modes support joining the action half-way through gameplay), and can only join the first few playlists, not the team ones. Every time I try to connect with a friend we both get errors as well. :(

Is the 360 version any better? (Not that I'd want to do the story mode all over again).

Well I've spent more time playing DSF than FM4 so I guess it's fairly accurate on that front. I get what he means when he says everyone wasn't sure about the story behind Shift mode, but the mode itself was fantastic, esp in Multipleyer. MP was indeed very fun but let down by the servers as I have to search about 20 times to find a non-empty lobby (remember most game modes support joining the action half-way through gameplay), and can only join the first few playlists, not the team ones. Every time I try to connect with a friend we both get errors as well. :(

Is the 360 version any better? (Not that I'd want to do the story mode all over again).

I haven't played it - but from what I've heard it isn't any better. The MP modes, etc. are fun and such from what I've heard - but connectivity seems to be the issue.