We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 4 PotW Week 27 Entry

I'm skipping through all the other crap and answering this.

Oh ok, for some reason I thought JDM meant cars sold in Japan *only*.

JDM cars are built for Japan. They just get exported through private firms, etc. Their specs are meant for Japan and only Japan - but naturally, it's impossible to keep something to yourself with an open free-trade market. If the Acura in question was built exclusively for Japan, it will be allowed - if it was built for the USA, it will not be allowed.

It's really not very hard guys. I'm unsure as to why we're all having such a hard time with this.

JDM doesn't mean "A Japanese car" - it means "A car built in Japan, for Japan".

I think because JDM is a weak generalisation (at best) used to describe minority group of cars that in the real world probably don't exist. Especially in FM4 because T10's country of origin classification is beyond appalling (to name just one: Focus RS)

Its caused a hard time because its actually hard to apply (or deny) JDM status to many of the cars in Forza.

I've looked at this on several sites today and very few of them actually have a consistent definition or advice on classification.

Surely in this case its just easier to say cars that FM4 classes as Japanese origin. The rest of it is down to individual opinion.

:)

I think because JDM is a weak generalisation (at best) used to describe minority group of cars that in the real world probably don't exist. Especially in FM4 because T10's country of origin classification is beyond appalling (to name just one: Focus RS)

Its caused a hard time because its actually hard to apply (or deny) JDM status to many of the cars in Forza.

I've looked at this on several sites today and very few of them actually have a consistent definition or advice on classification.

Surely in this case its just easier to say cars that FM4 classes as Japanese origin. The rest of it is down to individual opinion.

:)

I agree, again. But JDM is defined as I defined it, generally speaking of course lol.

We'll see what gets accepted when entries are done.

Guest MrLolololXD

Upon realizing that most of the 'Japanese' cars in Forza 4 (Supra's, Silvia's, most of the Subaru's, Mitsubishi's, Mazda's and Honda's etc. (All the good ones)) are actually the USDM or EUDM versions, not the JDM versions, that would exclude them from this comp.

So I ended up choosing an Evo 6 which actually is the JDM model :D

7318868246_b1b166fc78_b.jpg

FM4 PoTW #27 Entry by lololol_XD, on Flickr

Guest MrLolololXD

HURRY UP AND REMIND MATT!!! I already did last night lol, wouldn't want him to miss a JDM theme, unless he has better stuff to do. :mhmm:

Hasn't the entry period already finished anyway? >_>

Guest MrLolololXD
There's an unwritten rule that any photo competition with a Japanese theme must acquire at least 10 entries before the voting phase begins :cheeky:

That would be awesome, I wish there were like 10 entries each week, would make it harder for sure, but more fun when you win :p

Guest MrLolololXD

*cough*nearlytimefornewentrythread*cough*whostolemyspacebar*cough*

coughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough