We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DGSotW Week 3: Hot Hatches

Ryzza5

Pick the Week 3 winner for best Hot Hatches photo  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Week 3 winner for best Hot Hatches photo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

Don't forget the main factor that determines a hot hatch is what the manufacturer markets the vehicle as... That model WRX was marketed as a hatchback.

The Porsche Panamera? Porsche call it a saloon. The BMW M COUPE? Well, I think the word COUPE in the name of the vehicle is a key word there... :mhmm:

If that is only thing that matters, is Panamera Turbo S a hot hatch? It is a hotted up version of base Panamera. Is BMW M Coupe a hot hatch? Since it is the M version of the Z3 coupe. Both have hatches tailgates... also, to go further, if Ferrari makes a 1000hp Ferrari FF, will it be a hot hatch? Don't think so.

Look, i don't know, i don't consider the STi a hot hatch, same way as the GT-R is not a JDM. But who cares? I am just a hater.

Wait. You call Panamera a hatchback? :confused:

porsche-panamera-4s-profile.jpg

The STI is a hot hatch. With your logic the STI sedan is a hot hatch too, since you've called BMW Z3 M a hot hatch. :)

The Impreza has been marketed as a hatchback ever since it was unveiled. There's no denying that. The STI performance/styling simply makes it 'hot', much the same as the Focus RS engine/bodykit transforms the Focus into a hot hatch.

I still disagree! Ahahahaha :)

Purely because it ain't front wheel drive. Focus RS is, Golf Gti is, Civic type R is, Brera is...

I am happy that it's allowed in this comp. Really.

But it's not what I consider to be a hot hatch.

I don't think that matters tbh.

Front-mounted petrol engines' date=' together with front-wheel drive, is the most common powertrain layout, although diesel-powered, four-wheel drive and electric-petrol hybrid hot hatches are also available.[/quote']

I'd say this was a more accurate description (even though it's from Wiki, I know). But you're entitled to your opinion and thats fine. :)