We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Arma 3 Alpha

ScoobSTi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdHHVWYKvE

From next week onward, Tuesday March 5th, all are welcome to try out the authentic military gameplay and assist in the game’s development by participating in the Arma 3 Alpha.

Featured in the Arma 3 Alpha are four showcase missions (Infantry, Vehicles, SCUBA and Helicopter), a limited subset of weapons and vehicles, two multiplayer scenarios, the powerful scenario editor and modding support. The 20 km² island of Stratis, which is positioned right off the coast from Arma 3’s main destination ‘Altis’ (270 km²), will form the backdrop of the Arma 3 Alpha.

To participate in the Alpha, people can purchase the Arma 3 Alpha (24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD) or Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD) on Steam.

TL;DR - On Tuesday, March 5th, you can preorder Arma 3. :yay:

Anyone else interested in this? I'll be getting the Digital Deluxe version on Steam. :nods:

Source

Here's the system specs..

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM

PROCESSOR: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz│AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT│ATI Radeon HD 3830│Intel HD Graphics 4000│GPU MEMORY 512 MB│DirectX 10

RAM 2 GB

HARD DRIVE: 15 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (ALPHA): 10 GB free space

AUDIO: DirectX® compatible on-board

OTHER: Inernet connection and free Steam account to activate

RECOMMENDED

Windows 7 SP1

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2300

AMD Phenom II X4 940

GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560│AMD Radeon HD 7750│GPU MEMORY 1 GB│DirectX 11

RAM: 4GB

HARD DRIVE : 25 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (ALPHA): 20 GB free space

AUDIO: DirectX® compatible soundcard

OTHER: Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

Also, getting up at 7AM to try and snag myself the "Supporter" Edition and get my name in the credits.

I think you're right, well that's what I heard on a video I was watching yesterday. It's only going to get more expensive as it progresses towards Beta and then final release essentially. At the moment I think it equates to about £20.

I didn't really get into ARMA 2 as a single-player game really, I've had quite a lot of fun on Wastelands and DayZ over the last few weeks though. It's weird how I couldn't get into singe-player though, because I used to play Operation Flashpoint a lot and I never went on multiplayer once. I think my patience of being able to follow all of the objectives properly and on time has dwindled since those days :p

• 3 months later...