We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Invalid product key! Switching to offline mode.

LeSwaQQa

Hello! So i recently bought TDU2 for PC because I wanted to experience the online features that the game offers. I installed the game and updated it to the latest version. It asked for my online activation code(product key) wich I then typed in and it succeeded. Then when I logged in to my Atari account on the start menu - I got this message saying 'Invalid product key! Switching to offline mode.' And I don't know what to do anymore. I've been googling around but there's not much to find.

Any response is kindly appreciated!

I had forgotten that they sell games as well, I've only bought computer parts from them before.

You are completely sure that you entered the code correctly? If so, I would go here and either call them or send them an e-mail as soon as possible. They should be able to fix it for you.

Alright, thanks Andreaz. I've also sent Atari a ticket regarding this issue but I haven't got any response from them yet. But I'll contact Komplett and see how that works out. I'll post further progress on this thread.

--- Post Updated ---

Check whether you have the "key.txt" file in your game files directory. I remember getting this error after i reinstalled Windows. Creating the key.txt file fixed that problem for me. Hope it helps.

Yup, I've got the "key.txt" file in the game's directory.

Alright, I got a message from the support at Komplett. They said that it looked like the game came with a 7-day guest pass and that I need to get a new subscription to the game. Now, I know that the game does not require you to subscribe in order to play online so I stated back that this surely wasn't the case of the problem. I asked them if the key I was given might be used already and I'm hoping to get a new key. I'm now waiting for another response from Komplett. And I still haven't got any replies back from Atari's support after almost 4 days now.

I'd go back to the place you got it from and if they refuse to give you a new key put a formal complaint against them and then they'll probably give you a new key for the game.

Also, as they say you need a new subscription to the game, ask them to show you where to buy the so called subscription from.

I'd go back to the place you got it from and if they refuse to give you a new key put a formal complaint against them and then they'll probably give you a new key for the game.

Also, as they say you need a new subscription to the game, ask them to show you where to buy the so called subscription from.

I'll see what Komplett support has to say in their next message. And oh, I forgot to mention that they said that these "subscription codes" if we may call it, were to be purchased at EA's online shop (Origin store). Obviously this guy at support had no idea what he was talking about as there's no such thing as a "subscription fee" for Test Drive Unlimited 2. And I even searched for the game on Origin store and I found nothing related to TDU2.