We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Noisy CPU

Beav

Hello.

I have a very noisy stock cpu fan. I cleaned it all out of the weekend as it was full of dust.

Here is the data from speedfan 4.49 to see how hot my cpu etc was running.

9293357518_0c5e935910_o.jpg

fanspeeds

Sometimes it goes up to 57oc when gaming. I know that isn't much for a GPU but is it ok for a cpu to be running at that temperature?

Anyway I have been looking at upgrading my cpu fan/heat as im pretty sure mine is the stock one which comes with the AMD Phenom ii x 4 965.

amd-s-redesigned-stock-heat-sink.jpg

I have been looking at the corsair watercooled CPU range. The H50/H60. Hoping this will be a little quieter than my current fan/heatink and keeps the temperatures down. I did look at upgrading to a better fan/heatsink but for the money I can get a second hand watercooled corsair H60.

I have the Xigmatek Asgard one so the H series coolers should fit aslong as I get the H50/H60. The ones above this range (H80/H100) requires a different mountaing in the case.

Anyone have any experience with the Corsair watercooled range?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFlthtUhjpgkMxvhTORKPECN2c3G78WmlFKKTzgYBFH026HxRY

Threaten it with an ASBO ? j/k I have no real clue on these things.

Looking at either the Corsair Hydro stuff (liquid cooled) or one of these mean looking things.

$(KGrHqJ,!mIFHYEVPSjyBR5u!bcq3Q~~48_80.JPG

Doesn't leave much room in the case though and might take up one of my RAM slots.

I've got the Corsair H80. Can't remember what speed I've got it set to but I can tell you it's at a happy 30 C despite being overclocked to 4.1GHz, and it's not loud. GPU fan will always be louder.

iirc the H80 got significantly better reviews than the H60 so I'd recommend that.

I've got the Corsair H80. Can't remember what speed I've got it set to but I can tell you it's at a happy 30 C despite being overclocked to 4.1GHz, and it's not loud. GPU fan will always be louder.

iirc the H80 got significantly better reviews than the H60 so I'd recommend that.

Cheers dude. Isn't the H80 the dual fan with the large radiator though?

Don't buy pre-made watercooled CPU Coolers, they aren't worth the money over standard air coolers, and all of them except the Corsair H100i/H100/and some other CM cooler are single-radiator based loops.The only reason to have a liquid pre-made cooler is to have easy access to anything in the case(and performance if you go for dual-rad ones).And since you didn't mention overclocking, recommending high-end coolers is pointless, so here is my suggestion, a decent mid-end cooler.

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! Thermalright

It's a great cooler, I've had it on my i5 3570K for 2 months, before I bought my Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E, the difference is about 10 degrees Celsius(considering the price difference is about 60 bucks here).

If you could give us a PC Hardware site from where you live(here or PM) it would be easier to recommend once I see the pricing.

Don't buy pre-made watercooled CPU Coolers, they aren't worth the money over standard air coolers, and all of them except the Corsair H100i/H100/and some other CM cooler are single-radiator based loops.The only reason to have a liquid pre-made cooler is to have easy access to anything in the case(and performance if you go for dual-rad ones).And since you didn't mention overclocking, recommending high-end coolers is pointless, so here is my suggestion, a decent mid-end cooler.

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! Thermalright[/url

It's a great cooler, I've had it on my i5 3570K for 2 months, before I bought my Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E, the difference is about 10 degrees Celsius(considering the price difference is about 60 bucks here).

If you could give us a PC Hardware site from where you live(here or PM) it would be easier to recommend once I see the pricing.

I live in England bud. I will be overclocking but my AMD Phenom does a good enough job for now. Whats the sound like on that aircooled one you linked me to?

Only thing im concerned about is the huge heatsinks which take up ram slots on your motherboard.

The cooler is quiet enough, even when it revs up it isn't noisy, and if mounted correctly, will not obstruct the RAM slots, pretty much because it's a thin radiator, it is tall though, so you'd have to measure the case to see if it fits.

Sorry for the late:).

The cooler is quiet enough, even when it revs up it isn't noisy, and if mounted correctly, will not obstruct the RAM slots, pretty much because it's a thin radiator, it is tall though, so you'd have to measure the case to see if it fits.

Sorry for the late:).

Just thinking I might treat myself as ive finally found an IT job 2 years after finish college. I might go for the H80i second hand. Found a few with 4 years warranty on them still.

That's a good deal, if it's cheap it's worth it, the retail price though is huge.

£60 second hand ive seen some for with 4 years warranty left. Theres £75 new for the h80i. Well with the new consoles not looking so great I think ile upgrade my pc. Its not bad as it is now. AMD Phenom x 4 965, GTX460 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 5.1 speakers, 22" hd monitor + 19" wide screen (running dual screen). Might look at an ssd to.