We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!REQUEST] Info on Downtime

Eudemon

Question

14 answers to this question

Re: [REQUEST] Info on Downtime

My old host was amzing server performance and had a uptime record of 98%, in the whole time i had it (about a year) didnt have any problems what so ever. Apart from the fact the billing was from america so i was getting charcged for overseas transactions (£2.99) both ways, so an extra £5.98 every month, then i was getting random unkown transactions that didnt stop untill i cancelled my plan. Im sure all in all they scammed around £70 of me.

Re: [REQUEST] Info on Downtime

This hosting package I have is good for the video downloads but I don't think their database servers are that good. I will be monitoring the situation and also will be contacting them to see if there is an issue with anything server side, MySQL servers can be seriously affected with mailing lists or spam bots.

I am going to contact another host and see what kind of deal I can get out of them also, I have also contacted Google Adsense to see if I can maybe generate some income so that the boards pay for themselves and allow us to do competitions with prizes and the like.

Know this though, there will never be any obtrusive pop-up ads on this board for our members. I'd sell my kidney before that had to happen. lol