We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tablet browsing [FIX COMING 2018]

Andreas¹

Question

I'm having issues trying to view this forum on my Android tablet using its web browser. A lot of the times the "contents" of the forum just vanishes and only the background is visible. This usually happens when I first open the browser, if I go back to my tduck tab from another one, or scroll down the page too fast. Scrolling back up to the very top of the page usually helps to fix it but do you know what it could be?

Landscape mode (that smiley is the one visible at the top of the chatbox, just to the left of the text field)

bJbVlQn.jpg

Portrait mode

XJcd75S.jpg

9 answers to this question

Can't help but laugh at determined smilie up there. :lol:

Is the browser on your tablet identifying as a 'desktop' as I thought I changed the background loading to only show on desktops and projection devices to save on bandwidth for those people. I am planning on looking into making the forum and no doubt the site more compatible with tablets and phones but that's a big undertaking and I need to make sure to be bringing in the monies for living first and foremost.

2018?! Oh boy! :yay:

I'm not sure how it works but it sure seems to be. Of course I understand if you can't fix it right now, I was just thinking it might be one of those things where you understand what is wrong straight away. :) As I said, it can be mended so it's not exactly on top of the priority list. You should always put yourself in that position Diablo. :)

I should try some other browsers as well, I've only tried a few very briefly in the past. Somehow I keep thinking the default browser works best so that's where I keep ending up.

I have managed to borrow my kid brother's Kurio tablet and have tested the forum on that and it seems to show fine for the most part*. The backgrounds are loading which did surprise me but they did work fine on it so it wasn't a bad surprise.

*the footer area gets pushed over and below I've noticed

The footer was annoying me how it looked on the tablet so I have 98% fixed that, they no longer push each other out the way and below. However I now see that because most tablets and such hardly have the text size set to show at 100%, but at a slight zoom, that some elements are being pushed below where they should be. Oh it's so great being a forum admin, webmaster and muppet all-in-one!

Kurio resolution is 800x480 so at the moment anything under that may have some issues.

I HATE YOU GUYS!! :duck: