We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!REQUEST] Server Performance

Eudemon

Question

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Re: [REQUEST] Server Performance

Recieved an update by this host, apparently a firewall install went awry but they've fixed that but for the 10 days this board has been up there's been some annoying issues so I am looking to swap to another host within the next few days.

There should be no downtime but it can't always be avoided so we'll see but after the exchange we should be good to roll.

NOTE: While DNS propogation takes effect you may find you get a Page cannot be displayed or a default page showing from my host this is because as we are changing hosts all the DNS servers (the servers that tell your browser where to go when you type the domain name in) worldwide have to be updated with the new info to point to the right place. This usually takes upto 48 hours to propogate fully.

I will see if I can create a backup forum while this happens and then disable the board and point it to the new host with hopefully no downtime. Best get it out the way before it becomes a major job later on.

Thanks for your co-operation in this !

Guest mellors_

the forum has been running slow for a few days now but all other sites load up instantly and its taken about 5mins to post this

The server had a mass mailer on it and the first real trouble I noticed was today and there was even some downtime (5mins) that's all I have seen thus far, I will keep tabs on it though and have alerted my host also.

Anyone else having severe problems?

The server had a mass mailer on it and the first real trouble I noticed was today and there was even some downtime (5mins) that's all I have seen thus far, I will keep tabs on it though and have alerted my host also.

Anyone else having severe problems?

Havn't realised anything, And I've been On and off allday whilst working...