We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A clearer explanation about wheel resizing

ddfdriver

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried this "manual", but the truth is that I've tried just several times

I forgot also to ask "if this is the only way"

--- Post Updated ---

yes, in fact I wanted also to ask also if there is other way to do rim resizing, especially because is tricky, but if in some cases (including yours) it doesn't work, another way would be really useful

--- Post Updated ---

maybe I didn't tried enough times to "train" for this operation (I've tried just several times), but I also wanted to ask if there is other way to do wheel resizing or not

or : modifying the size of the rims, it requires just some values changing ? or you need to modify the entire rim to change it's dimensions ?

Well - I got it working finally!

@ddfdriver

Maybe you could describe what exactly is your problem, I will try to help you.

It took some time until my noobish brain got what this decrypt/encrypt process was doing exactly. Additionally I found the correct rim in the rim database - I chose the wrong one before ( I thought the Spyder 90 uses the third GranSport rim, which is correct, but not in the database, there is an extra entry for Spyder 90 rim!).

Now I know how it works properly, so I´ll try to help if needed.

I see, me too, many times my noobish brain just don't understands how stuff works, but I've watched again, very carefully, and now I understood much more than before (when I am not motivated enough : my brain is totally against myself, my brain just don't want informations which are not satisfying :D I don't know why)

but I have a problem : I've tried to do exactly what the video shows, 100% imitating the operation from the video, but : when I extract the tdu_rims.db file I don't have the Decrypt TDU_Rims. bat and Encrypt TDU_Rims. bat files, and I cannot do anything further

I have the 1.68b patch and tdu megapack, but I think the problem is that I have Windows 7

The process of encrypting/decrypting works flawlessly, I'm able to change the values but am not to change the tire wall height like the guy in the vid. I don't know how did he manage to do that. For example, if a car has 225/45 R17 tires and you want to have 18" rims on 225/40, you're screwed because the only thing that actually changes is the rim size value. However, it's not the rim that gets bigger. It's the whole wheel, which is super annoying.

You can change the alloy rim size in TDUPE, but again the process is very tricky.

I have Win7 x64.

I didn't find "show all types of files", but I remember this command is other places which I forgot, lol

I've tried to do something in the database, to import the characteristics of some rims to another (it's very easy), but it doesn't work (it imports / exports just the names of the physics)

but I've noticed that : if I put the same rims on many other cars (not just one), some cars enlarge that rims ! [ATTACH]19634[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19635[/ATTACH]

other smaller cars are able to shrink those rims, even smaller than the tire itself, but definitely much smaller than this suv

so : maybe there are just some values to modify

or : maybe the car of the rims need to be 3d modelled for changing their dimensions (but : this is a job for a modder)

I use the antique (but good) Windows XP.

Maybe you have to enable "show all types of files"? Sometimes not all files are shown. This is all I can guess. I don´t have any clues about Win 7, sorry.

• 1 year later...
I have, Milli. Will try to upload them tomorrow.

I love you. :lol: :msuh:

Edit: It's because i am doing a fine adjust on the Community Car pack, picking better cameras, putting some extra colors for cars, editing the ride weight... and the 300ZX is having much problem with it's camera, that i decided to turn it into a 360 Modena, although, the rims are way too small...

You can change the rim size (or wheel size, I don't know) in TDUPE, but the algorithm of what the each wheel's size is is something I have no idea about, because for example when you pick the Dodge Challenger rims in TDUPE, the rims on your car will be huge so one could think that if you go for the biggest rims in TDUPE it'll have the opposite effect in the game. But no, it's totally random as far as I remember.

Going this DB/batfile thingymabob is complicated, too. First, if you change anything in the rims DB, you won't be able to have custom brand names in-game (i.e. BMW, Porsche, etc) and it will make the game crash. So you need to use only TDU names. The second thing is that you can only change the wheel size or at least I could. I've never managed to change the tire wall to be smaller or taller. I could only change the tire size only.

Maybe I am not smart enough and there's a way to do it properly... I don't know.

Are you sure it would make the game crash? I mean... what the tool does is basically open a .db as a .txt file, and then make that same .txt file turn back to .db file... no?

Well, i will make a backup before i try anything.