We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Audi S3 / Golf GTI Sound

Phill

Not bad, the Golf R will sound like the S3 whereas the GTI will be less aggressive somewhat.

I don't recall the high pitched whine in the S3 8V either. If you can somehow get the DSG 'farts' on high-load upshifts that would be pretty cool.

Not bad, the Golf R will sound like the S3 whereas the GTI will be less aggressive somewhat.

Well thats just because of the exhaust system on the Golf R. But... The engines are exact the same (4 cilinder 2.0 litre TSI), the engine of the R has different ECU software that makes it a bit more powerfull. Of course it also has VW "4 motion".

Looking at the picture of your youtube channel, i guess you know the differences between a GTI and R all too well ;-)

@Phill, like your sound though. I just love the S3 & GTI but hate the sound. Gonna drive them a lot more now (still hoping someone makes a Golf 6 R mod for the GTI).

Well thats just because of the exhaust system on the Golf R. But... The engines are exact the same (4 cilinder 2.0 litre TSI), the engine of the R has different ECU software that makes it a bit more powerfull. Of course it also has VW "4 motion".

Looking at the picture of your youtube channel, i guess you know the differences between a GTI and R all too well ;-)

@Phill, like your sound though. I just love the S3 & GTI but hate the sound. Gonna drive them a lot more now (still hoping someone makes a Golf 6 R mod for the GTI).

Thats right The GTI only hase a smaller turbo than the S3 witch makes it less powerfull but it's the same technique inside both cars cause all parts for audi cars are produced by VW it's the same company VW baught audi years ago

If you mean the newest S3, yes.

The model that's in TDU2 is the S3 that still has the 3.2 liter V6 under the hood. This is the same engine the golf 5 R32 HAD.

Because of emission laws the Golf 6, was equipped with the 2.0 liter 4 cilinder TSI, just as the newest Golf 7 GTI & R.

VW was earlier with 4 cilinder engines than Audi (although it's the same company). Audi changed to 4 cilinder on the model after the facelift of the model that's in TDU2 (don't know Audi model numbers).

So Audi equipped 2 more models with the V6 3.2 liter, before switching to 4 cilinder TSI just as VW.

Yes, and I've driven the Mk5 R32, Mr 6 GTI + R, and newest S3 8V. The R also has a bigger K04 turbo (and slightly more turbo lag) than the K03 GTI. The S3 almost sounds a little bit like Audi's famous 5cyl engine (probably fake software noises) which you've captured well. This predominantly is what the GTI lacks in comparison.

• 6 months later...