We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No Sound in Cutscenes/Cinematics (pc)

A.C.I.D

Hello! I have the issue that I don`t have sound in cutscenes in game, I tried already changing stuff in my sound driver, or Realtek control panel, I had a sound problem before, that was low sound in game, but I fixed deativating and then activating how the sound out, in Realtek control panel, but this new problem is being a pain for me, I know, this could be a not serious problem, but all we know that we like to have perfect our games, so I ask you, if you can help me, or give me ideas where to put hand to fix this, or I will apreciate any comments about this you can give me, thank you in advance.

SOLUTION:

Hello again, well I got the fix for this issue, I paste here the text to fix the sound problem, from various users in The Crew Forums Ubisoft, you can see is a problem with the Voice Chat in the uplay app. Maybe this can help other people here if they have this problem, I should say that is for PC.

Thanks for your help too.

Problem

During the preface music before it says "click any key to continue", the music sounds perfectly normal.

On the contrary, when entering the game, everything is much quieter, including all sounds.

The Cinematics are muted too.

The Fix

1) Disable voice chat within UPLAY (click the cog button top right of menu and then choose Settings, and Finally Voice Chat section)

2) Right click on speaker on the windows taskbar->Playback Devices->Communications and make sure "Do Nothing" is selected

To be honest I believe the real problem is only the VOICE CHAT (BETA) that comes with the Uplay App, so the voice chat mess up our sound configuration. I must to thanks this guy for posting the summary what he did, thanks Arkhamuk, and special thanks all others users here that cooperated, to join all parts and helped to found the final fix

Make sure you aren't trying to send sound to speakers that don't exist. I once had my sound card set to 5.1 Surround sound when I only had 4 speakers. As a result when I played TDU2 the computer sent all of the cutscene sound to the fifth non existant speaker and boom, no cutscene sound. Wasn't until quite a while later that I realized that. :fp:

Check in the game options - audio - have you muted anything in there? Maybe yo've turned voices off or something that wouldn't expect to have an effect.

As the game is new and we're all still learning, it may be best to open Ubi support tickets as well and keep us informed of the answer when discovered, so that we can help others later.

Thanks for your help, About the sound problems, specially in pc, I noticed that the game have issues with realteck sound driver, I already posted a fix about the first problem I found, but today I found other thing, when I start the game I can hear the cinematics, but very low, and the sound in game is low too, only the intro sound of the start opening if fine, then I change the positions sound outs to front to back in Realtek control panel, but I let it in the original way, then accept changes and go back to game, then the in game sound is fixed but the cinematics no, these remain muted, so I think is a incompatibility of the Realtek sound driver with the game, I hope in next patchs this and the other problems gone. I will be waiting, see you around mates, and thanks again.

Hello! I have the issue that I don`t have sound in cutscenes in game, I tried already changing stuff in my sound driver, or Realtek control panel, I had a sound problem before, that was low sound in game, but I fixed deativating and then activating how the sound out, in Realtek control panel, but this new problem is being a pain for me, I know, this could be a not serious problem, but all we know that we like to have perfect our games, so I ask you, if you can help me, or give me ideas where to put hand to fix this, or I will apreciate any comments about this you can give me, thank you in advance.

trust me this is the best thing that could happen to you. I wish there was a way to shut all the annoying story crap out.

Hello again, well I got the fix for this issue, I paste here the text to fix the sound problem, from various users in The Crew Forums Ubisoft, you can see is a problem with the Voice Chat in the uplay app. Maybe this can help other people here if they have this problem, I should say that is for PC.

Thanks for your help too.

Problem

During the preface music before it says "click any key to continue", the music sounds perfectly normal.

On the contrary, when entering the game, everything is much quieter, including all sounds.

The Cinematics are muted too.

The Fix

1) Disable voice chat within UPLAY (click the cog button top right of menu and then choose Settings, and Finally Voice Chat section)

2) Right click on speaker on the windows taskbar->Playback Devices->Communications and make sure "Do Nothing" is selected

To be honest I believe the real problem is only the VOICE CHAT (BETA) that comes with the Uplay App, so the voice chat mess up our sound configuration. I must to thanks this guy for posting the summary what he did, thanks Arkhamuk, and special thanks all others users here that cooperated, to join all parts and helped to found the final fix

Yes Diablo! Many people is facing this issue, and you know every user post about their problem and they don`t know that there is more that posted the same problem before, the post with the answer to this can be lost in forums, I want take care of the answer and post here, cause I want all people can enjoy the game full, and this can be find using google too, Thanks.

Do you have a microphone/headset connected to your PC?

A common problem across many games is a Windows setting in conjunction with these auto speech detection services (Steam, uPlay).

Jump into the Sounds control panel applet and change to this setting:

8hWWl.png

Yeah! Rizza The problem could be in that way too. I use headset when I don`t want too much noise, it is connect always even when I am using my speakers, anyway it is the only game that give me this problem and believe me I played many, thanks again all you cause you showed me concern, til soon.