We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Long Haulage Trucker is back!

Scaniabebe

Hi,

It has been around 4 years since I was last active here - at a time that this place was called TDU-Central! So we are defiantly going back a few years now! Since then, I've managed to kill off a 1.4l 8v Peugeot 206; launch a successful Virtual Racing Team called Humberside Racing, take over a BTCC Series that runs on Gran Turismo 6, launch my own Truck Enthusiasts Community known as EuroTrucking and rack up a fair few miles in my Simulator of choice, Euro Truck Simulator 2!

Anyway, we're getting a little carried away here.. I'm Jason, 24, from a town called Cleethorpes located in England. I have been an active member of the TruckSim Community for over 5 years now - and have had a large interest in Driving & Racing Simulators since the Mid-2000s. I've been interested in Cars and Trucks for the majority of my life; and will always argue that a Turbo Diesel is better than the equivalent Petrol (please don't ban me because of this).

I discovered the original Test Drive Unlimited back in 2007, and enjoyed playing the game a lot! However, come the release of TDU2, I ended up moving away from the world of TDU and onto different sorts of game. However, I noticed the amount of changes that had occurred around here and couldn't resist coming back and taking a look around the place! :D

Hope to see you guys around on the forums,

Jason.

Cheers for the welcome guys! :D

Quite a few of us here are into trucks and truck sim's so great to have another! But I'm interested to know how you managed to kill a 206! :lol:

Well, it was a long story... Let's put it this way, it involved loss of oil, and a very hot engine! :lol:

You see, I was too lazy to notice that it was loosing oil - and failed to notice the Oil Pressure Warning Light on the dashboard!

Welcome back and congrats on avoiding Diablo's imminent inactive-member-culling. :)

Well, I actually clicked on "Register" as it had been so long. I did this as I thought I was never going to remember my Password, and also thought the account would no longer exist... Turns out I was wrong in both departments! :eek2: