We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Assetto Corsa - Version 1.1 Outlook

sti228

283d1cc30c7c.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has shared an outlook on the improvements players can expect from the upcoming 1.1 version of their Assetto Corsa simulation.

Graphics

We are redefining some features related to post processing effects, HDR and particle rendering optimizations that improve graphics environment, lighting and framerate performance. The engine has been optimized in order to guarantee a more stable framerate in all conditions, including single-player and multiplayer races. Smoke effects have been also improved, fixing an issue that affected the performances when huge amount of smoke was generated, especially at race starts.

Artificial intelligence

CPU occupancy has been optimized to guarantee better and more stable performance. Furthermore, we worked to improve interaction of AI with each other and against the player car, as well as their “racing attitude”. The result is less collision accidents, better and more predictable lines and greatly improved race starts, delivering a better racing experience.

Flag and rules

The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer. More details regarding this feature will be available at the release.

Overcast conditions

Next build will introduce the option to define the sky/weather conditions: player can choose between light/heavy fog, clean/light/heavy cloud, that affect lighting, visibility, track temperature, and so on, adding more immersion, different racing scenarios and environmental effects. As usual all the conditions are moddable and new ones can be created by the community.

Damages, views and sounds

Several parameters and functionalities related to damages, head movements, mirrors FOV values, reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience.

Replays

Assetto Corsa replays are universally appreciated for their fidelity, resulting in very realistic movements, car behaviour and camera management, but resulting also in high requirements in terms of hard disk and memory space. Unfortunately such big files are not easily handled by players who join or organize leagues and online championships. Next build will add quality settings options that allow up to 4x smaller sizes and longer replays.

Pre-order and release date

Assetto Corsa is not in Early Access anymore but that doesn’t mean that development is finished. As promised, the Dream Pack will also include several improvements, optimizations and new features. All the new code features will also be included for free on the main simulation, to allow gamers to enjoy Assetto Corsa and the new Dream Pack even more. However the process needs time to be completed. The release of the Dream Pack and of Assetto Corsa 1.1 is confirmed for Q1 2015. Thank you very much for understanding, for your kind support and passion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future of AC is looking mighty good it would appear, some very choice wants from their players that they seem to be providing, and I wonder if the overcast weather additions are leading to rain to hit later this year.

The clouds must be very high to take that long :hmmm:

Loved the physics when I played ages ago, great game, looking forward to this :btup

• 3 weeks later...

Assetto Corsa V1.1 beta Changelog leaked ?

Apparently this afternoon Kunos Simulazioni accidently released the V1.1 Beta of Assetto Corsa on the Steam network. Not long after the release the version was reverted back to the V1.05.

During the update, some community members have captured the changelog. At this point, we do not know how complete the change-log is, but it looks very promosing to say the least.

UPDATE!

Kunos Simulazioni just tweeted that the accidental deployment of the update was in fact an older test Beta. The development team have now corrected the mistake and re-uploaded the v1.0.5 hotfix version.

777f1cd04863.jpg

Change-log V1.1:

• Fixed tyre fake shadows in slo-mo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimisations
  • Particle rendering optimisations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added “final” damage for high-speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.12
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed “fast” height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for Hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Guest .:TestDriver:.

Good for the AC developer team. They could be more successful than Project C.A.R.S if they add more cars weekly or daily. Because we all know that one of the GranTurismo's successful element is the abundance of cars. Project C.A.R.S will be the king of the PC car racing simulators if they add more and more cars,though.

Future looks promising! Everybody went nuts at the forum with that V1.1 leak, specially all 4WD mod threads. Btw, Danoosh, the strong point with this sim is the ability to create user made content. Would you consider rFactor as unsucessful?

True, I think the support for user-made content is great, not nearly enough games do this, but that also means you could end up with rubbish user-made content :p I used to love rFactor, but the best content was made by only a handful of people (Siim Annuk, for ex). I'd love to see something like pCars or AC with Forza numbers of cars. I'd be happy with 200 cars, that would be fantastic, and ideally the kind of customisation you can get in Forza too.

That's true Scott, there's a lot of crappy ripped models out there. I think that the main difference is that AC developers don't have the budget FM/GT/pC (though not that much) has, I'd also love to see a game/siim with a huge amount of cars. It's likely that it won't happen for PC, consoles don't have modding like we do. Anyway these are speculations, hope that someday we'll get a FM PC version

Regarss

Future looks promising! Everybody went nuts at the forum with that V1.1 leak, specially all 4WD mod threads. Btw, Danoosh, the strong point with this sim is the ability to create user made content. Would you consider rFactor as unsucessful?

Well I don't like it, I mean "Great Scott" is right, I mean look at the "Beam MG Drive" game; It is a good simulator with very detailed cars, but they were few, However you can find thousands of user-created car mods for the game which all of them are low-quality (lights won't work, physics are wrong, even some of them are not well textured).

And I didn't say that these were "unsuccessful" , I meant they *could* get more success if they add more cars. :)

Yeah.....I don't want to send spam here but I tried to call AC and specially Project C.A.R.S for adding more cars into their game, But I have not found an E-MAIL address that belongs directly to their developer team. So I think it's better to ask the whole official community forums of those games - specially pCARS - to add more cars; I recommend at least 10-12 people do this. I know it's like being a 7 year old boy (who insists his dad buying a toy! :D ) but it 80% works, trust me. Or we can sign a petition about adding more cars to their game in the address below and share it in their official forum.

Start a petition · Change.org

SMS have started working on the first DLC cars this week. THey plan to continue developing the game for a further 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if AC have similar plans. Not much point starting a petition on that imo. Remember it's the publishers who generally dictate when devs have to stop working on a game and move on to something new.

SMS have started working on the first DLC cars this week. THey plan to continue developing the game for a further 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if AC have similar plans. Not much point starting a petition on that imo. Remember it's the publishers who generally dictate when devs have to stop working on a game and move on to something new.

I agree, There is a high dependency between buyers and publishers. If publishers see majority of people need such a big game, they'd take risk and make the game that they want. It's all about money and competition, Look at the GTA video game, TakeTwo could make another GTA IV but instead, they made GTA V. It is risky to make a big game, even making a racing simulator is more risky but is not "dangerously risky" to do so. I believe it's worth for a big video game publisher to make it. With that said, I believe people (as buyers) need to show and prove that they need more cars in the game, then publishers could see this and let their developers do it. I didn't know they are making DLCs and continuing to develop the game for 2 years from now; To be honest it's possible that all of those 2 years will be spent for other levels of development and not for adding cars. Anyways, That's it.

I agree, There is a high dependency between buyers and publishers. If publishers see majority of people need such a big game, they'd take risk and make the game that they want. It's all about money and competition, Look at the GTA video game, TakeTwo could make another GTA IV but instead, they made GTA V. It is risky to make a big game, even making a racing simulator is more risky but is not "dangerously risky" to do so. I believe it's worth for a big video game publisher to make it. With that said, I believe people (as buyers) need to show and prove that they need more cars in the game, then publishers could see this and let their developers do it. I didn't know they are making DLCs and continuing to develop the game for 2 years from now; To be honest it's possible that all of those 2 years will be spent for other levels of development and not for adding cars. Anyways, That's it.

it's different with gta, rockstar publish their own games they are not dependant on anyone. That's why we always get a masterpiece. I would agree with 2cv apart from the music part which is over-dramatized like all racing games. Modding is essential with games like these. If you don't have the resources to licence cars let the community do it.

When have the community ever licensed a car? :lol:

With all this new legalese surrounding the uploading and streaming and gaming videos you have to wonder how long it will take before companies clamp down on modding... and who they'll decide to make an example of first (by suing them).

When have the community ever licensed a car? :lol:

With all this new legalese surrounding the uploading and streaming and gaming videos you have to wonder how long it will take before companies clamp down on modding... and who they'll decide to make an example of first (by suing them).

like suing those who pirate stuff? yeeah internet doesn't work that way does it. Seriously how pathetic you'd have to be to sue a modder though...

like suing those who pirate stuff? yeeah internet doesn't work that way does it. Seriously how pathetic you'd have to be to sue a modder though...

Ask FIA... Some time ago they sent cease and desist letters to all those modders who were creating F1 mods for AC. That's why the F1 and GP2 mods for the sim are called "FF1" and "FF2" (Formula fantasy). Bernie should take care of the sound and thrill of the F1, instead of attacking a small community of PC gamers....

Ask FIA... Some time ago they sent cease and desist letters to all those modders who were creating F1 mods for AC. That's why the F1 and GP2 mods for the sim are called "FF1" and "FF2" (Formula fantasy). Bernie should take care of the sound and thrill of the F1, instead of attacking a small community of PC gamers....

motorsports are pretty much dying commercialy so they're trying to take down everything with them I guess. They never stand a chance on paper or court though it's just meaningless threats. Modders aren't making money off of it much like the p2p seeders which makes FIA's claims pretty much invalid.

Never heard of that Ry...

motorsports are pretty much dying commercialy so they're trying to take down everything with them I guess. They never stand a chance on paper or court though it's just meaningless threats. Modders aren't making money off of it much like the p2p seeders which makes FIA's claims pretty much invalid.

Why would you say that motorsports are dying commercially? I also think that those are meaningless threats because no one's making money out of it ...

AC Cobra and soon Lamborghini Miura was just mods, but Kunos (AC developpers) got the licences to include these cars as official content for free :)

Company may fight against public release, but what can they do against private release inside comunity, club, league, fellowship...? There will be always a way to act free, but I might be wrong...