We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Unofficial: Extracting your TDU 360 Photos to PC

Eudemon

Alright I have had a few PM's about this so I guess it's about time I posted how this is done, after all it has been about 6months. lol Alrighty first things first you will need to find out some method of transferring your Photo file from your Xbox 360 to your PC.

Now there are about 4 means to do this but as they involve some serious modifications and soldering and could run the risk of damaging your HDD or even your 360 itself we will not be discussing those but feel free to search for them yourself if you want to pursue that method.

Anyway there's 2 easy methods* but they require a purchase, these 2 are the Datel Transfer Kit and the XSATA device, These range from $15/50 (£10/40).

!!! DO NOT INSTALL THE DRIVERS OR FILES YOU GET ON THE CD, YOU DON'T NEED THEM AND THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS !!!

*** DOWNLOAD THESE DRIVERS INSTEAD ***

First of all you require 2 pieces of software:

Xplorer 360 (right-click Save As) and WinHex (You'll have to search for this).

Step #1: Transfer your Photo file to your device by either copying to a Memory Card or just connecting your XSATA device directly via USB.

Step #2: Open Xplorer 360 and select Drive > Hard Drive or Memcard.

tdu-extract-s001.jpg

Step #3: Select the Partition which lists info like the below. Find the Folder shown below and then select your Photo file. Now either Drag and drop or Right-click > Extract:

tdu-extract-s002.jpg

Step #4: Open WinHex.

tdu-extract-s003.jpg

Step #5: The photo file is a hex file as you can see by all the characters on your screen but those characters are actually your photo files in JPG format. To extract them we need to use WinHex by

tdu-extract-s004.jpg

Step #6: Select JPG format and choose a folder to save to and click OK.

tdu-extract-s005.jpg

Step #7: That's it, goto the folder you specified and look at your shiny new pics !! Note not all will extract sucessfully but some might be saveable if opened in Photoshop or the like and may just need a small crop.

tdu-extract-s006.jpg

Enjoy !!

*Note: This is just a guide, it may and it may not work for your system, you follow it at your own risk. Should anything go wrong it's on your own head be it, we just showed you a method that worked for us and others.

• 10 months later...

Anyway there's 2 easy methods but they require purchase, these 2 are the Datel Transfer Kit and the XSATA device, These range from $15/50 (£10/40).

First of all you require 2 pieces of software: Xplorer 360 and WinHex.

Step #1: Transfer your Photo file to your device by either copying to a Memory Card or just connecting your XSATA device directly via USB.

Step #2: Open Xplorer 360 and select Drive > Hard Drive or Memcard.

I have 360 Xplorer, and WinHex, Where do you buy the Xsata or Datal Transfer kit, which one is easier, which one did you use?

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hmmmm if I use Xplorer 360 to Open the Memcard it says it cannot find a FATX Drive???

I can get the files into Winhex by using the software that came with the Transfer Kit and browsing to the folder X360 Memcard Images and selecting the file TDU1.z36. This then opens in WinHex as above but when I go to convert the file it says "Cannot Read TDU1.z36"????

Any ideas??

GC :cry:

If you have System Restore active, run the one that was saved previous or one older than when you installed that CD. Note the big bold red warning uptop? :cheeky:

Ha ha yes warning noted but I thought you may have meant don't use it rather than don't install it!!

What about the drivers for the data cable? Browse and install them from the CD?

GC