We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best PC racers with Wheel and / or H-shifter support

ProDexorite

As I've mentioned in the other thread, I have moved my racing wheel from Xbox One to my PC to experience that side of the table as well. I tried to scroll my Steam Library in case I would've found something that supports my steering wheel (Thrustmaster TX -series wheel) with the H-shifter (TH8A).

The games I already tried (GRID 2, Spintires...) were unable to handle my wheel. In GRID 2 I ended up in a problem where something seemed to jam the "up-button" and thereby I could not even map the controls right to begin with. Spintires ran good but I did not get the car moving at all, so maybe some problems with the settings and/or controller mapping? Also I noticed that Spintires seemed to use shared buttons with shifter and the wheel (mapping the shifter's first gear also switched a button from the wheel to work as that)

I got the wheel working great on GRID Autosport, but it seems like the shifter is not recognized at all, and I don't see any remapping options for the H-layout shifting. Sequential shifting with the wheel's paddles works fine though.

Aside of the story I just wrote, I am here to find suggestions of games that support the racing wheel I have. Preferably the shifter-support is in there too!

Another question is that how exactly do I get to play TDU2, as I have it in my Steam Library but to my knowledge the servers have been taken off? Some unofficial servers / patches or such required? At least it should have a full wheel support :duck:

The older Simbin games are great with a wheel. Cars can be a real handful and verge on too hard and not realistic but it gets you well versed in using a wheel, pedals and such for others. TDU1 is still one of the best for an all-round setup just for the way you can go at your own pace and have a massive environment to do it on.