We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Will it run on Gen8 Intel graphics? (X5-8300)?

vit-jan0

Hello,

im thinking about Intel mini PCs equiped by X5-8300 CPU

Intel Atomâ„¢ x5-Z8300 Processor (2M Cache, up to 1.84 GHz) Specifications

PassMark - Intel Atom x5-Z8300 @ 1.44GHz - Price performance comparison

CPU Passmark: 1198

[TABLE=class: specs infoTable]

[TR]

[TD=class: lc]Processor Graphics [/TD]

[TD=class: rc]Intel® HD Graphics[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tech]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Base Frequency[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]200 MHz[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Burst Frequency[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]500 MHz[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Video Max Memory[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]2 GB[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Execution Units[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4)‡ [/TD]

[TD=class: rc]1920x1080[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Im curious if TDU2 will run on this ? thx

Would be good to know which passmark CPU/GPU score is required to run it.

Definitely no. A high end Intel CPU with advanced graphics built in might play it at a low resolution and a low framerate, but an Atom struggles with basic computer multi-tasking operations

I don't even think that system could stream that game over from a more powerful gaming PC via Steam.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 system requirements | Can I Run Test Drive Unlimited 2

thx, in Yours linked webpage they mention Intel Core 2 Duo CPU as minimal/recommended. Its passmark score is somewehere around 1300 and mine mentioned CPU passmark is 1200. Thats why i was in doubt. But its true i run TDU2 on CPU with 3200 passmark and 512MB Radeon graphics and CPU was like 75% used, game was playable in windowed mode. If anyone tried to run TDU on X5-8300 or Z3735, please kindly share.Reg

regarding graphics, on mentioned webpage, minimum requirement is ATI Radeon X1800

its clock speed is 500Mhz and 256MB RAM, mine mentioned CPU includes Gen8 graphics with 500Mhz Burst frequency and 2GB RAM, but when CPU is overloaded, not sure if it will "burst".

I wouldn't be trusting benchmark scores on hardware where's you're aiming to scrape the minimum requirements. Benchmarks and games stress out hardware in different ways. Open world games with a high player velocity (i.e. 300kph+ vehicle vs walking) also bring about unique stresses compared to other games.

Please do not try and use an Intel Atom for PC gaming. It is Intel's equivalent of the type of processor found in modern smart phones. The absolute worst CPU you should be looking at is an i3, if not an older i5, paired with a discreet graphics card. If money is the issue, look for a 5yo second hand gaming PC. A new i3 with HD4000 built-in graphics on its own may be able to play pre-2010 games at medium-low settings with around 30fps. That's if the game developers included any support for Intel graphics - some require AMD/nVidia GPUs.

Ryzza5: "A new i3 with HD4000 built-in graphics ... may be able to play pre-2010 games"

Anyone knows if the i5-5250U with integrated graphics: Intel Coreâ„¢ i5-5250U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.70 GHz) Specifications

Should play TDU2?

There are its GPU details:

[TABLE=class: specs infoTable]

[TR]

[TD=class: lc]Processor Graphics

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]Intel® HD Graphics 6000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tech odd]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Base Frequency

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]300 MHz[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]950 MHz[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Video Max Memory

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]16 GB[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Graphics Output

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]eDP/DP/HDMI[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4)‡

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]2560X1600@60Hz[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: lc] Max Resolution (DP)‡

[/TD]

[TD=class: rc]3840x2160@60Hz[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to play TDU1 and TDU2 on i5-4210U with Intel HD 4400 integrated graphics - Intel Coreâ„¢ i5-4210U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.70 GHz) Specifications.

Having also separate GTX Nvidia graphis, in its nnvidia control panel i set TDU processes to be run using integrated Intel graphics.

And TDU1 was smooth, TDU2 no frozing but scenery while driving was not absolutelly smooth so it was not much pleasant experience (low frames per second maybe). But i would not say TDU2 was not playable. the GPU and CPU was maxed to like 90%.

So i would assume Intel HD 6000 graphics might be quite enough for non demanding gamer as per the Intel HD performance comparison. As Ryzza5 mentioned, these benchmark scores might not be right indicator for gaming, but it is probable HD 6000+ will be better than HD 4400.

When playing TDU2 on GTX840M nvidia, then scenery in speed of 350km/h is quite good. Using always lowest video settings as landscape and trees detail in 350km/h does not matter much. ;)

When I said pre-2010 I had old NFS games and GTR2 in mind. Hardly anything amazing graphics wise. An old nVidia 460 card probably will outperform the latest and greatest Intel onboard graphics when it comes to gaming. And the price can't be that bad. Have you ever watched Scrapyard Wars on Youtube?

The game needs more CPU Mhz as GPU Power.

For some weeks/month my graphic card left me.

Now i played at least this game with my i5 6600 with integrated graphic (Intel HD 530) at 1280x786.

Lowest settings at 60FPS. (FPS not stable)

With higher resolution the game is more laggy and not really playable.

Maybe it's a comparison for you?! ;)