We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Are you a model citizen of Oahu?

Eudemon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the cars in a road block don't really seem to move, let alone do anything once you bump into them, looks like you bumped into a wall...
Yeah this is due to a manufacturer or manufacturers wanting the player to be punished if they went to crazy with a car, so blame the car maker(s) for that stupid little annoying anomaly.

Certain marques don't like their cars being associated with pursuits or law breaking which is why I love Lamborghini, they don't care !

Yeah this is due to a manufacturer or manufacturers wanting the player to be punished if they went to crazy with a car, so blame the car maker(s) for that stupid little annoying anomaly.

Okay, but this causes something that looks kinda like what i call "the Gran Turismo effect", because you're speeding at 300km/h (miles?) and all of a sudden your car comes to a complete stop without a scratch, let alone a dent, heck, even your paint is still intact!

If you want to do something like that effect, try giving a slight logical reaction such as a broken hood, engine, fuel leak, a broken window or such.This would also give the whole "lifestyle" term a new breath, seeing as you could then go to a mechanic and have your carglass repaired, engine fixed, or what ever just broke...

On the other hand most of us wouldn't want/like it if you can't turn it on/off, beacuse this would lead to more law-abiding driving, so never mind that... All i'm saying is it should be slightly realistic, just even by making the cars move a bit, and have you arrested immediately after you broke it (the roadblock).You could also make the cars fly away into space for comical effect, but just have you arrested immediatly after that.

(If you really took the time to read all of this, i salute you :D )

2 times arrested

Total fines: 481.250

Both times happened when a friend of mine was playing around with my account.

:(

I disagree on the damage-thing. I don't think that it would change anything, by putting in a broken windshield or dented fender.

You crash a Gallardo doing 300 mph directly into a brickwall the last thing going through your mind will be your tailpipe.

If you want realism, I'd wager that 90% of the crashed in TDU would render the car a complete mess.

Looking forward to the settings in Forza as I have heard that the realistic setting actually means your car is dead and you're out of the race. That makes competative racing a lot more interesting, as noone uses you as a boost around a corner.

Point taken, but that's kinda what i was thinking too, i mean, people would be driing more careful, and less for their own fun, which is not what you want, what, with all the available sports cars and bikes... :D

Though i feel that, just to add feeling, a damaged window would be nice.

(You might repair it just by pressing back or so...)

What i'd want to see changed however is the fact that the roadblocks don't move when hit, even though the makers of the models don't want exaggerated driving with their cars, they should have known what they were getting in to, no?

• 2 months later...
Okay, but this causes something that looks kinda like what i call "the Gran Turismo effect", because you're speeding at 300km/h (miles?) and all of a sudden your car comes to a complete stop without a scratch, let alone a dent, heck, even your paint is still intact!

If you want to do something like that effect, try giving a slight logical reaction such as a broken hood, engine, fuel leak, a broken window or such.This would also give the whole "lifestyle" term a new breath, seeing as you could then go to a mechanic and have your carglass repaired, engine fixed, or what ever just broke...

On the other hand most of us wouldn't want/like it if you can't turn it on/off, beacuse this would lead to more law-abiding driving, so never mind that... All i'm saying is it should be slightly realistic, just even by making the cars move a bit, and have you arrested immediately after you broke it (the roadblock).You could also make the cars fly away into space for comical effect, but just have you arrested immediatly after that.

(If you really took the time to read all of this, i salute you :D )

thats confusing!