We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No Man's Sky Goes Gold

TurboDuck

Ive been watching stream on Twitch for few hours today, then I decided to try the game again after the update and I have to say, its a lot better and I mean a LOT better than it was.

The graphics and controls are improved a lot, lots of new stuff like crasheed freighters on planets, missions etc. It definitely doesn't feel as empty as it was before.

Can't really say more cause i haven't played much of it but, it feels somewhat worth the price at least.

So apparently there kind-of is basic multiplayer now

"Atlas Rises" (aka update 1.3) adds the beginnings of real-time multiplayer to the space exploration game, though admittedly, "interaction with others is currently very limited."

Thanks to the update, up to 16 players can now exist together in the same space. Fellow pilots will appear as floating blue orbs moving about the terrain, and proximity-based voice chat will allow players to plan their next jump together. That's pretty much it, but Hello Games calls it "an important first step into the world of synchronous co-op in No Man's Sky."

I still don't have that much desire to play but will admit I'm curious to see how well this works. I have also read that the portals found on some planets are now working and will transport players to one of a limit number of planets, increasing the probability of multiplayer encounters.

It's worth mentioning that "less is more" probably applies to NMS multiplayer. For example if players could destroy each other or steal their stuff that could potentially ruin the vibe this game is going for (exploration, not domination). So while I'd like to see little glitchy spheres replaced with the actual ship or character, I don't think they'd have to do too much more to fulfill the hopes that were dashed a year ago (has it only been that long!?)