We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[Solved] Overly sensitive pedals in TDU

vanobmw33

Hello Everyone,

I've got Logitech wheel and compared to other games TDU inputs are overly sensitive on small press of a pedal to the point where they feel non linear. When I'm pressing 50% throttle It reaches 100% In-game. Pedal inputs are working under 50% range and not fully employing 100%.

Searching way to make pedals work linearly or increase the 50% range to a 100%

Solved: You need to turn on "Report Combined Pedals" inside Logitech driver and then map pedals afterwards.

Edited by vanobmw33
Added solution

Real life car accelerator/brake pedals are not exactly linear either.  Have you considered looking for pedal mods (custom springs, dampeners) that you can purchase to improve the feel? 

You can press Ctrl+G in game (may require Hardcore mode) to show an overlay of inputs to verify if you have any deadzone or sensitivity issues. 

You can also try recalibrating the controls in Windows or remap them in game, being sure you push down all the way.

image.png

17 hours ago, Ryzza5 said:

Real life car accelerator/brake pedals are not exactly linear either.  Have you considered looking for pedal mods (custom springs, dampeners) that you can purchase to improve the feel?

Fairly certain that custom springs won't solve this issue. The issue is that across the full range of pedal travel, TDU input mappings are distributed incorrectly.

17 hours ago, Ryzza5 said:

You can press Ctrl+G in game (may require Hardcore mode) to show an overlay of inputs to verify if you have any deadzone or sensitivity issues.

I have tested Ctrl+G menu. It shows that all pedals seem to be perceived at 100% when i am only pressing 50% in real life.

12 hours ago, TDUZoqqer said:

I used the G27 for years and years and I always had full control over my inputs in TDU. So, either it's a subjective feeling or your overall inputs / specifically for TDU in the logitech app are skewed.

In-game it reaches 100% when only pressing 50%. Does your G27 feel like this?

Pedal Explainer.jpg

Edited by vanobmw33
Clearified points

• vanobmw33 changed the title to Pedal input ranges in TDU work incorrectly, seeking solution
9 hours ago, TDUZoqqer said:

no it doesnt. it behaves like it should. 50%=50%, 80%=80% etc

I figured out what was causing it, inputs were mapped with lack of Report Combined Pedals. Other games never needed this option so i never used it, apparently TDU needs this function to be turned on for pedals to work correctly.

It's feels like a new game afterwards! Thank you both for your attempts to help me out.

291147153_TDUInputsSolution.jpg.953543e08b647e29a332d6fd09b173ec.jpg

Edited by vanobmw33
Inserted a screenshot

• vanobmw33 changed the title to [Solved] Overly sensitive pedals in TDU