We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tips for organizing a cruise?

Inverted

It seems that TDU's system of connecting with other people is completely pathetic and does not even work properly, so how is it possible to create a cruise when your constantly loading different people and loosing your cruise mates?

We are trying to organize the Aussie cruise, there are currently 4 of us waiting around the Audi dealer, yet we are constantly loosing each other because each time we enter the map we reload another set of racers. This really does not make any sense.

For a game thats main draw in is the Mulitplayer aspect, how can racers rely on such a buggy and flawed system? Assuming there are 4 mates who want to race with each other and there are 20 other people in the area, is it a matter of constantly reloading the area until all players can see each other?

I'm really hoping that there is an easier way that I am overlooking.

It seems that TDU's system of connecting with other people is completely pathetic and does not even work properly, so how is it possible to create a cruise when your constantly loading different people and loosing your cruise mates?

We are trying to organize the Aussie cruise, there are currently 4 of us waiting around the Audi dealer, yet we are constantly loosing each other because each time we enter the map we reload another set of racers. This really does not make any sense.

For a game thats main draw in is the Mulitplayer aspect, how can racers rely on such a buggy and flawed system? Assuming there are 4 mates who want to race with each other and there are 20 other people in the area, is it a matter of constantly reloading the area until all players can see each other?

If you want to do a race with your mates then there is a option in the pause game menu. You can create a custom race if I remember correctly. You can pause the game without exiting the session and losing your mates.

Never hit the map button because this exits you from the session.

Not too sure how the PC system works as I run a 360, but on the map screen we can filter for Friends and jump to them. Then on the normal driving screen we can flick across a series of options for radio, driving aids etc and one of them has a list of players currently on your server which you can then scroll down and select lock, which they have to accept, and then don't use them when driving around.

Not too sure how the PC system works as I run a 360, but on the map screen we can filter for Friends and jump to them. Then on the normal driving screen we can flick across a series of options for radio, driving aids etc and one of them has a list of players currently on your server which you can then scroll down and select lock, which they have to accept, and then don't use them when driving around.

Thanks I didn't know what the lock function did. So if I understand correctly, if you select all your mates and select the lock function then we will be locked together in the same session?

Yeah ended up getting a few of us together and a few randoms aswell, although i'm really not enjoying how the multiplayer free rides work. I just accidently pressed the map button when we were driving down the westcoast and then it wrecked everything for me.

But yeah, I know how to use the custom race system, I mean atleast there is a lobby for that.

Personally I am really dissapointed in the way that freeride sesions work, a freeride lobby would certainly be useful.

I am able filter my freinds onto the map, however when I click on them , I just port to their area, I don't actually see them.

Yes this is the worst part about this system. I just keep jumping to the person until they show up. It's very hard to get in the same session as the person you clicked on. I hope they speed up the connection time in the patch.

It works better if the player is stopped because there is a delay of where the person is on the map to where they are on the road if they are moving.

Make sure you zoom right into the person you are connecting to and also try and make them either stay still as this has the greatest chance of success. Then once you are together 'lock' together so that you can go as far as possible without losing people. Also don't meet at busy spots, meet at quiet areas like the viewpoints shown on your paper map and what to do beforehand is if you all wish to cruise the city then bookmark the audi dealer but meet at the quiet spot. You see bookmarks can be jumped to without leaving the session so you meet up at quiet spot, lock to each other then say "Ok guys Jump to Audi in the City" and wahla ! You're all there. :D

Note jumping to a person usually works first time but can take 2 or 3 tries. Also make sure the person with the best connection is the one you jump to first as this seems to improve connectivity.

One word, PATIENCE!:excited: