We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is TDU living up to what it should be?

Ok, have a look at this:

"Further, players can custommize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind."

"Personalization: Upgrade each car or bike with options from the actual manufacturers catalog. Buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts"

(from the official site)

Now, this makes me wonder...Customize to make it one-of-a-kind? You have 3-4 wheels, 2-15 exterior colors and 2-10 interior colors, to choose from. Not THAT much options if you ask me. Might be that it actually is all the options you have when you buy, say a new Lamborghini Murcielago. I'm not that wellinformed on that part, so i can be wrong.

Tune and upgrade each car with aftermarket parts? Well, you can drive to the tuner and pick one out of three different "Tuningpacks". Very NFS, if you ask me...Eden Games made that one very easy for themselves. They just change performance-file after what pack you buy.

A little too boring if you ask me...

Don't get me wrong! I like TDU a lot, and it's really what NFS should be like (the NFS-series has gone downhill since NFS 4...).

Were you expecting more or less options when you started playing? Whats your opinions? Let me know :)

I definitely wanted an aftermarket wheel shop. Especially after getting a Mustang convertible, doing the Saleen treatment on it and look what it drives on. Some 16 or 17" inch cheesegraters that look like they belong on a early-90's Vectra. :(

Yes there should be more parts and things but don't forget the exterior colors are more than 15. Have you tried mixing paint at the paint shop to get the effect of the color changing by the sun. You can get some crazy effects like the car base color is red but then goes orange in the sun light.

Id say TDU came out just right amazingly good graphics, great gameplay, addictive fun for a car enthusiast.

If there was anything extra id like to add is the bug fixes, extra wheel selection, maybe add some light modifications like aftermarket GT spoilers, flaming, popping and Blow Off Valve Chirps would make the game totally insane. Also a few more manufacturers like Haanda, Mitsooobeeesheee, Subaru, Mazda, Lancia, Opel, Renault and the addition of the Skyline GTR (all versions), Silvia, 180sx.

Yes there should be more parts and things but don't forget the exterior colors are more than 15. Have you tried mixing paint at the paint shop to get the effect of the color changing by the sun. You can get some crazy effects like the car base color is red but then goes orange in the sun light.

Yeah, i tried that! My Miura has one of those colors :)