We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PsychoticMammal

Well well well... Long time no see TDUCK!

After playing the Solar crown Demo I thought I should do another TDU playthrough. The last time I played it was last year, however in between now and then I switched to Windows 11. When I installed it this time, I was surprised because it worked almost out of the box... EXCEPT for the wheel support. When I played it last year, I was on Windows 10 and had the EXACT SAME SETUP/WHEEL and needed to fiddle with drivers to get the wheel working, but eventually it did start working. Unfortunately after trying the same steps this time, I'm still not able to get it working. Every other game works fine, its just TDU that doesn't want to play nice. No matter what I do, TDU will not detect any inputs from the wheel.

I've searched all over Reddit and these forums here to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? Things I've tried:

• Plugging the wheel into a different USB port

• Restarting PC

• Shutting down PC

• Deleting GHub and using Logitech Game Software

• Deleting Logitech Game Software and using nothing in its place

• Reinstalling GHub

• Downloading the G27 FFB fix from the TurboDuck forums

• Installing Platinum

• Reinstalling TDU and not installing any mods

• Unplugging other gamepad/joysticks

• Running with Administrator

EDIT: Well I figured it out! I use a program called VJoy to set up a virtual joystick for some flight simulators I play. I think TDU was confused and thought that virtual device was a wheel, and I guess that device got priority over the G920. Once I turned off the VJoy device inside the Configure VJoy program everything works! Hooray!!

Edited by PsychoticMammal

5 hours ago, PsychoticMammal said:

Well well well... Long time no see TDUCK!

After playing the Solar crown Demo I thought I should do another TDU playthrough. The last time I played it was last year, however in between now and then I switched to Windows 11. When I installed it this time, I was surprised because it worked almost out of the box... EXCEPT for the wheel support. When I played it last year, I was on Windows 10 and had the EXACT SAME SETUP/WHEEL and needed to fiddle with drivers to get the wheel working, but eventually it did start working. Unfortunately after trying the same steps this time, I'm still not able to get it working. Every other game works fine, its just TDU that doesn't want to play nice. No matter what I do, TDU will not detect any inputs from the wheel.

I've searched all over Reddit and these forums here to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? Things I've tried:

• Plugging the wheel into a different USB port

• Restarting PC

• Shutting down PC

• Deleting GHub and using Logitech Game Software

• Deleting Logitech Game Software and using nothing in its place

• Reinstalling GHub

• Downloading the G27 FFB fix from the TurboDuck forums

• Installing Platinum

• Reinstalling TDU and not installing any mods

• Unplugging other gamepad/joysticks

• Running with Administrator

Perhaps updating the drivers for Windows 11 will fix this problem