We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

saturn sky/opel ?/vauxhall ? at the nurburgring

that i believe is the Opel. from a distance, the emblem looks like Opel. in another thread, i mentioned when they released the Opel GT (@ an auto show) the badging looks almost IDENTICAL to the Saturn Sky, compared to the production badge in the grille)

Opel_Gt_Concept.jpg

(concept's upper grille)

opel-gt-01.jpg

(production's upper grille)

saturn-sky.jpg

Here's the Saturn Sky's front

Its an Opel. It is in production only in Europe as an Opel or in the U.S. as a Saturn. From what i remember reading in TG mag they have no plans to bring it to the U.K. and put a Vauxhall badge on it. Which is good as putting a vauxhall badge on a car ruins it.

In the past week i have seen Two of the old shape VX220 (opel GT) which was basically a lotus elise with a new shell.

Does anyone know if this new one is a lotus elise with a new shell on it or a complete new car?

In the past week i have seen Two of the old shape VX220 (opel GT) which was basically a lotus elise with a new shell.

Does anyone know if this new one is a lotus elise with a new shell on it or a complete new car?

no! definitely not , as a lotus elise owner we get all the info from lotus sent to us through ownders clubs and never heard of that .

also lotus wouldnt make a car like that too heavey !

no! definitely not , as a lotus elise owner we get all the info from lotus sent to us through ownders clubs and never heard of that .

also lotus wouldnt make a car like that too heavey !

i agree. i looked @ specs for the Slostice/Sky @ saturn, and Pontiac's website, and those things weigh as almost as much as my 2003 WRX!!! :omg: And its a roadster!!

YES , the vx220 was designed on the lotus "award winning" chassis and designed by lotus .

it was built in the lotus factory which as a lotus owner i got to have a tour of , and was told about the vx220

it was heavier ofcourse , less good looking , and a worse car than the lotus

many people just say its the " Tesco value lotus"