We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

NFS Pro Street

Nodz86

[updated 27/07/07] NFS Pro Street

Has anyone elese watched the 30sec teaser of NFS Pro Street on XBL??

THe graphics look extremely good, not sure if they are in game graphics though. The trailer shows 2 RX7's drifting round a track.

Heres the link to the trailer on youtube for those who can't be bothered to download it off XBL:

Also attached are some pics from EA's site.

Update 27/07/07:

The first list of cars to be revealed in Need for Speed ProStreet is:

* Nissan GT-R PROTO

* 1970 Plymouth® Hemi® Cuda

* 1995 Mazda RX-7

* 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

* 2006 Audi S4

* 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS AE86

* 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition

* 2006 Volkswagen Golf GTI

* 2008 BMW M3

how dare you utter the words 'need for speed' in this holly place!

nah, seriously, this game actually interests me a fair bit, apparently they are shifting away from the arcade (crap) direction that the series has been going. which can't be a bad thing.

also, the graphics indeed look great!

i agree Dodgem. i couldnt stand how Most Wanted and Carbon were played. i never completed either. but if they have Realistic Damage and those kind of graphics, i might consider it (i'll wait for the Demo b4 making a solid choice) i think EA is trying to rally back from the last two crappy titles i guess

i agree Dodgem. i couldnt stand how Most Wanted and Carbon were played. i never completed either.

Same as me I liked and completed Underground 1 & 2 but I didn't on Most Wanted as I got quite far on the normall version and then got black edition and you couldn't use the same saves so I had to start over. I didn't even bother with Carbon, I downloaded the demo and didn't really enjoy it, but saying that my mates got it and bought everything off XBL so he didn't have to play it to unlock anything but all I do is mod the cars, I don't bother racing.

• 1 month later...

I played it on the 360 at a car event near my house 2 weeks ago. I have to say, when your racing(it was a dark circuit that we got to play) it looked exactly like most wanted on my pc, and my Pc isnt a super computer or anything....

I just hope they don't do waht they done with Carbon and let you unlock everything from the start by dowloading it off live. My mate downloaded nearly everything for carbon and it spoils the game as you have nothing to work towards to unlock apart from the acheivements

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is the best ever NFS

I agree with W16 on that one. Ever since Hot Pursuit 2 came out all of the other NFS's went down the tube. I hate the brakes on carbon and I hate the fact that there is no Skyline in Most Wanted. But Pro Street is kinda interesting the way they made it.

From the half second of moving vehicle footage in that teaser, provided it has slightly more realistic handling than previous NFS titles, it looks like it will be the road version of DiRT, visually anyway. DiRT doesn't have realistic handling at all (although it is insanely fun), but that trailor really made me think of DiRT videos.

[bump but whatever]

Porsche Unleashed was good, as were most before Hot Pursuit 2, and i'm not going to call a definite "best", but HP2 was definately the last good one. If they made one that was basically HP2, with free roam, it would be the best game ever. Too bad atari already made it: TDU. lol.

[bump but whatever]

Porsche Unleashed was good, as were most before Hot Pursuit 2, and i'm not going to call a definite "best", but HP2 was definately the last good one. If they made one that was basically HP2, with free roam, it would be the best game ever. Too bad atari already made it: TDU. lol.

Yeah, but the police in TDU suck. Flying past them at over 120MPH and they don't do ****. Hitting cars I can understand.