We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Finally!

eleKtro

I got round to ordering my new PC, should be here at the end of next week. So I can finally have a proper cruise with out hitting 99% of the trees near the road, or doing a rail ride all the way along the motorways ;)

Specification

Graphics Card -Sapphire ATI X1950XT 256MB GDDR3

Memory -Kingston 2GB (2x1GB Kit) DDR2 533MHz/PC2-4200 Non-ECC CL4

Mother Board - Asus P5B i965, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX

Processor -Intel E4400 Socket 775 2x2.00GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

My new Graphics Card and Power Supply came today. Wwww they are sweeet :D

Friday now my motherboard, ram and CPU should come (hopefully). So hope you guys are ready to burn some rubber ;) Well teach my first, since I won't be hitting no where near as much trees, signs, cars.

Ok a question. I just realized that my my graphics card needs a 550 watt Power Supply and I have got a 480 watt. Do you think I could get away with using this or should I get another one that reaches the specification required for my graphics card?

If it needs more than you are supplying then I guess that some parts of it may not run correctly without that extra power, so I suggest getting the correct power supply.

Sorry, I know this is bad news, because it will probably take you even longer to have your new PC finished, but I think it's much better to be safe than sorry.

Iced what ever you do don't go buy a crappy cheap power supply, like say now you see a PSU that says it's got 650 watts and costs like £30 don't buy it because it will weigh like a feather. And if you get a cheap and nasty one it will probably blow and that will cause your chip, mother board and ram to fry. So DON'T! buy cheap PSU. My PSU that I bought the 480 watt was about £45. But unfortunately I need another one. Iced here is the link to my PSU, good make, feels really heavy and good price for what you get.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=156689

Woo hoo After almost 6 hours of building my PC this morning. And having serious problems with drivers and everything it's finally up and running and working like a dream! Started up TDU and I think I flooded my room with all the drooling over the graphics with High Resolution! x4 AA and HDR! And it runs perfectly! OMG WHO WANTS TO CRUISE!

And had to take a screen shot!