We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CD drive doesn't work

Car Freak

hey sorry i havent been on the site for so long... i stopped coming here since my com's DVD-drive stopped working in June...

I have 2 questions:

1) Anyone know what's the problem? The drive can't read any form of disc, and the system manager doesn't turn up any results...

2), and the main point of me writing this: Since it's not working, is it possible to download a no-DVD patch and play from that? I'm quite scared Atari will shut down my account because it's not an official file from them...

I'm just a kid wanting to play TDU for a long time. my dad can't be bothered to send it in for repair because of the trouble involved. If this post violates any warez rules, please let me know, and PLEASE don't ban me...

thanks

There are No-CD Patches but as far as I know if you do get online with it the server will detect it and ban you anyway or at least warn you. Not too sure I'm sure someone can fill this one in better than I could. Couldn't you buy a new DVD-ROM drive (they're not that expensive) and pay a neighbour or friend to install it for you if you're not sure yourself?

Just stopped working by itself? Did your computer get knocked into, or damaged in some way? I would open the case and make sure all the wires are still connected just to be sure, and as Diablo says, DVD drives are reletavily cheap, and you can also get external drives with USB links if you do not feel capable of installing one yourself.

yeah i went for holiday in June and when i came back, it wasn't working anymore... admittedly, i had left TDU inside the drive when i left for 10 days...

Oh, and i did create and offline profile and tried a no-cd patch (it says it's 1.66A) and while free drive works ok, i can't access any races, and there's no RS4 or Skyline...

I have excactly the same problem... When I bought TDU, the DVD never worked on my main DVD drive... So I had an old DVD drive, it worked few weeks but wasnt perfect (launching the game was very hazardous...). And now it doesnt work at all...

So I use the DVD drive of my sister computer, and it work perfectly. But all DVD drive was same style, same 16x speed, working perfectly with all my other games. So I really dont understand this problem....

Maybe buy a new DVD drive (you can find good Samsung for 30-40€), or try with another one if you have other DVD drive.

It dont help you really, but its to show you are not alone in this problem ^^ ;)