We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A few Questions

Iced_Bullet

Well after a few days of playing TDU, I have managed to get to Expert level, however the pictures I ahve taken in-game look perfect on full settings, HDR and x4 AA and 1280x1024, so how comes when I view the pictures say in Photoshop, they do not look anywhere near the quality when I was taking them, and also when im driving around?

Such as these.... However the last 2 have v good quality, so is this just down to the luck, and you have to fiddle with the angle, or is there something wrong?

IcedBullet here -

Well yeah I know, but the probelme here is the picture which has been taken is not the desired resolution. ie. my in-game res is 1280x1024 and my desktop is the same, so why do the pictures (except that good one :S) take it in 1024x768??

This is my problem, not the photshop things...

Generally, when saving in photoshop, it will ask you how much you want to compress the file, so make sure you're not saving at too low a quality otherwise you'll start to see artifacts. Also, by default, an image loaded up into photoshop will automatically be resized to fit the screen, which means you're not looking at it fully zoomed in, while it's not physically resized. This tends to confuse people. Lastly, pictures will look darker when loading them in photoshop. This is because when you're playing the game, the gamma is applied dynamically using the videocard processing. You just need to adjust the image until you get the same levels to how it looked in game.

Generally, when saving in photoshop, it will ask you how much you want to compress the file, so make sure you're not saving at too low a quality otherwise you'll start to see artifacts. Also, by default, an image loaded up into photoshop will automatically be resized to fit the screen, which means you're not looking at it fully zoomed in, while it's not physically resized. This tends to confuse people. Lastly, pictures will look darker when loading them in photoshop. This is because when you're playing the game, the gamma is applied dynamically using the videocard processing. You just need to adjust the image until you get the same levels to how it looked in game.

Thanks, but I sorted my problem out, I knew about the 'Also, by default, an image loaded up into photoshop will automatically be resized to fit the screen'!

The problem was that when I loaded TDU I didnt have my desktop background to 1280 x 1024, it was 1024 x 768... so I changed the in-game res to 1280 x 1024... this is why it didnt work... You need to open TDU with the desktop to the required res first :P