We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central PC Competition Re-launch!!

S71NG3R

Yes that's right give way turning right only you will see the traffic do it in TDU. It's a rule in most if not all US states. I said this so you will not question if the leader judge does it. ;)

We will go the way the GPS says.

Thanks for this. Wow I didn't know the AI cars did this, I just thoguht it was some glitch, I hadn't twigged it was every time they turn right :D

Oh and glad to hear about the GPS

Thanks for clearing this up + rep :)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we just cruise on the right lane on the higway at a constant speed, and there is a truck on the total left, do we have to go totally to the left, to overtake that truck, and then go back to the right? That would be totally pointless as in real life, if you drive on a constant speed and you have been there for a long time, you can just pass it on the right.

So if we just cruise on the right lane on the higway at a constant speed, and there is a truck on the total left, do we have to go totally to the left, to overtake that truck, and then go back to the right? That would be totally pointless as in real life, if you drive on a constant speed and you have been there for a long time, you can just pass it on the right.

Well not in the US I think, I will check but you have to only pass on the left. If you pass on the right it's known as undertaking.

Well not in the US I think, I will check but you have to only pass on the left. If you pass on the right it's known as undertaking.

Well if the person is hogging the left lane, then you can pass on the right. That's why you see me passing on the right sometimes during road rules.

At least here in Finland you would be allowed to "undertake" in multilane highway. I thought undertake only means that you cant go pass a car from the right in a normal road (1 lane for each direction) because you would go "outside" the road in that case.

Undertaking in Holland means driving on the left lane, going to the right if there is a car in front of you, then go back to the left lane. If you have been driving on the rightlane for ages and there is nobody in front of you, i believe you don't have to go to the left..

You are right I've got the driving rules for Ohio and you can pass on the right on roads with 2 lanes or more in each direction. You learn something new every day, if only the UK would allow this. :(

Anyway I will check to see if we are going to use Ohio road rules and then update the rules in the first post.

I will also add the cars that can be used before the end of this week.

9pm GMT is like 5am here... and it's a school day... :(

Really wish i could join, esp since this is the first time in 12 wks I've been able to play TDU, but i don't think my parents would allow it...

It's ok we just need to know who wants to do it. Then we will group people with similar time zones together at a time that's best for the group.

To everyone if you don't see your name listed in the first post and you want to be in the competition reply ASAP as the closing date is getting closer.

Btw, how are you ever going to see if we break the topspeed limit? :p

If we accelerate fast we could be over it without you even knowing...

If you go flying past the judges at top speed that may give it away. ;)

But it's up to the judges to see if you are speeding.

Don't worry I haven't forgot. A full update will be posted on Saturday.

So make sure you all see the forum on Saturday.

OK Thank you :)

I'll look, only just realised the cruise date has been moved back 7 days ;) lol I've been waiting for it as tomorrow, but oh well, the 13th it is now :)

ps. I thought cruising a min ago... can we go through yellow lights if we don't have time to stop for the red?

Many thanks, but could you make that my in-game name? It should clear up any confusion when the event takes place. I'm BeetrootShoes.

Just a question about the course. I gave it a test run today and the GPS suggests that the shortest route from one lighthouse to another is to go right across the middle of the island. Will we be using this or the western coastal road?

Also, is there a list of the cars we are allowed to drive somewhere? I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that one was coming. Is that still in the works?

Many thanks, but could you make that my in-game name? It should clear up any confusion when the event takes place. I'm BeetrootShoes.

Just a question about the course. I gave it a test run today and the GPS suggests that the shortest route from one lighthouse to another is to go right across the middle of the island. Will we be using this or the western coastal road?

Also, is there a list of the cars we are allowed to drive somewhere? I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that one was coming. Is that still in the works?

Ok please can you update your gamespy ID in the forum because that is what we use.

We will go where ever the GPS takes us then the route will be the same for all.

As for the cars you will have to wait until Saturday for the next update. ;)