We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ace Combat 6 [video added!]

Eudemon

From what I have played so far this game is a lot of fun and there is a lot going on, I'm playing on Normal and the enemy is still getting a couple of missile hits on me and I'm only just done the 2nd mission. The presentation, music and radio chatter is top notch and humouress also, they all take the mickey out each other often. Not tried online yet as I'm mainly playing the storymode right now. :)

I know Mass Effect is out tomorrow also but I would definitely recommend you get this in the near future as it is a great game with stunning visuals and really frantic gameplay.

I'll see if I can get a vid up later!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Been playing this game for a wee while today and enjoying it a great deal especially now the mission I am currently on where there's over 300 enemies on land, sea and air!!

Anyway if you're not sure about this game or you want to see it in action then here's a video of Mission 02 where you have to protect a city from being bombed by a convoy of enemy bombers while watching for their fighters who are trying to protect them.

Note this video uses the h264 codec/compressor and thus you will require the h264 codec in order to view it. Recommend you download Windows Media Player Classic with K-Lite Codec Pack or download ffdShow by itself. VLC Media Player is also a good choice!

Please "Right-click > Save as", thanks.

[Ace Combat 6 - Mission 02] :: 9m42s - 61Mb

Sorry for the pink colouring that sometimes appears, my converter is apparently faulty resulting in it sometimes showing pink or green lines.

Hmm sounds like there was a spike when you were downloading or something. What to do is Save the file but rename it, keep the .avi at the end though. Also if this doesn't work try downloading with another browser, 12 people have downloaded it already so it is working. Give it a try and let me know! :D

Wow just completed this game on Normal and that was hard enough at certain parts then again I'm a glutton for punishment and used the cockpit view but honestly that was truly one hell of an enjoyable game and experience. The amount of action on screen and also the radio chatter between command, the other troops and your wingman really immerses you. The visuals, sounds and controls of the planes is very well done as is the cut scenes in the battle scenes that strangely enough get you ready and willing for the next mission unlike the story scenes themselves which actually take you out of the game somewhat as it shows the war from different perspectives such as yourself, an Emmerian (like yourself) mother and daughter as well as from the other side the Estovakians by way of a General and some Strigon Pilots who incidentally are the best and most frustrating at the same time who will put up one hell of a fight against you.

This is what Ace Combat is all about though, it's an Adventure Flight game not a sim and unfortunately many criticise it for this fact and those who do are honestly missing out on one hell of a game it has to be said. I'm not one usually for flight games, I prefer my tactical and strategy FPS like Rainbow Six, GRAW and Call of Duty as well as driving games like TDU, Gran Turismo, Forza, ToCA etc but this game really had me enthralled from start to finish. You really start to like the characters and hate the enemies and just when you think it's all over and peaceful carnages starts all over.

Play Mass Effect, play Call of Duty 4 but don't miss out on one of the most enjoyable and polished titles that is available for the 360 right now. Honestly if you liked the demo you will love the full game x10 and if you have your volume up while playing it's amazing just what you can hear in all the madness of a dogfight.

Another thing, this is probably one of the only 360 games I haven't taken online yet because the Single Player was so enjoyable and that's kind of rare these days ! :D

If I had to rate this game it would be a a 9/10 easily!