We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New mode to come to PGR4

khevolution

Taken from the PGR4 website

believe it or not, we do actually listen to our community at Bizarre. We've heard that many of you weren't happy with the PGR2 style of Cat and Mouse we included with PGR4, so we dug into the issue a little deeper. Unfortunately it wasn't as clear cut as "let's just change it back to the PGR3 method", as there are just as many advocates of the new style too. Eek! Faced with this dilemma, the team decided to create a brand new Cat and Mouse mode to be included in the upcoming title update. The current Cat and Mouse mode will remain unchanged. This was due to conflicting feedback from both sides of the argument - and we figured that the easiest way to appease both sides was to leave the current mode as is, and let an entirely new game mode pushes the concept in a different direction. We think it'll address many of the concerns that both parties have had with the original mode. Oh, and did I mention that it's free roam?

Here's how it works:

• Two teams, each with one mouse and multiple cats. The vehicle selection is not locked to a specific class... the only rule is that the mouse must be at least one class lower than the cats (so you can have classes A and B if you want).
  • Any city can be selected, and it will be opened up so any player can drive anywhere.
  • The mouse earns Kudos for his team by staying "alive", i.e. not being hit by the cats of the opposing team. The mouse also earns Kudos for performing style moves like slides and air.
  • The cats earn Kudos in two ways. Attacking the opposing teams mouse is the big scorer - the key to earning big points for your team is to ram into the slower cars as much as possible. The second way to earn points as a cat is to defend your mouse. Your Kudos meter ticks up the longer you spend within a certain radius of your mouse car.
  • The team with the most points at the end of the time limit wins.

Free Roam Cat and Mouse will be freely available (update) in the next few weeks. (update) For the time being though, let's have a look at some of the other questions from the community...

Of course we receive literally hundreds of community messages each week at Bizarre. Individually answering every single e-mail we receive is beyond the ability of my poor little typing fingers, but throwing them all into a web site update makes more sense (to me at least). So keep reading, and hopefully your question has already been answered. If not, send an angry e-mail to [email protected] . The angrier the better. :)

What they still make updates for PGR4 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I stopped playing that ages ago lol :D.

Seriously though this sounds alright I might have to buy myself an Gold subsription (I don't go on my 360 that much lately !) and start playing this again although My Horse And Me is still impressive :p.

you've not renewed?

Nah I'm not really that bothered tbh because I'm working and going out so I just don't have time for the 360 no more !

On this subject have we had any cruises lately you know TDU & PGR4 styley ????

Also WTF ??????? where has My Horse And Me gone Baldred ?????????????????????

It said free it the text up there.

Anyway they seem to be the oppersite of Atari lol.

I know it says free but the trouble is is when the publisher sends stuff to M$ for certification M$ normally tell them how much it is going to be. Several Publishers have said DLC will be free but M$ soon change that and get alot of stick from the community.