We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My View on Xbox 360

eleKtro

I went away to my dads friends house for the week end, and his son got an Xbox 360 for Xmas so I never played one before so I spent the weekend mostly having a look at it, wasn't overall impressed tbh.

Halo 3, um. The graphics were pretty boring, I wasn't blown away by the game play, some cool things they've added in, but it's exactly the same as the other ones with some different skins.

PGR 4, even though it was just a demo it was a good laugh, graphics weren't to bad. Driving was awesome, was on the Nurburgring Snow lap, using a Ferrari. Just took it in turn with my dad on who got fastest lap, which was great fun.

Even though I only tried a few games, I wouldn't rate the Xbox 360 more than 7/10.

I think all consoles were designed for racing games only because shooting games are just pants tbh. I don't understand how people say its easier to use a thumbstick to shoot people than a mouse and it's faster? cause I simply do not understand that.

I know this review does have a go at the Xbox 360, and I have not played all the best games. I have seen videos of other games, such as Assassins Creed which looks amazing, TDU awesome etc..

Just thought I would share my thoughts. And you could change my mind about good things with the Xbox 360 ;)

the best things about the 360 are:

The ability to play online, easily and quickly.

Being able to talk to friends in private or in the game itself.

Basically all of the online stuff is great, you've not really experience what a 360 can do until you play online.

Guest RB26DETT
I've never used a PC for gaming, it looks hard to use the controls

^^ i lol'd! hahaha!

regarding FPS, keyboard and mouse is the way to go. analog sticks just make aiming difficult.

i played NBA 2K8 on the 360 at my friends house and loved it!:D

The reason I'm thinking of getting a 360 is because I will not be able to afford another upgrade now but a 360 should be good for a few more years.

I love first person shooters and you can't beat the mouse for aiming so the PC wins every time. I can see a 360 mouse in the future if the PS3 one is popular. Once the consoles have mice then the PC gamers are only left with high end Graphics but the hardware is so expensive. This is the problem Crysis has now and why they have not sold as many as they had hoped.

I can see the future will have PC/console hybrid systems. This is what developers and publishers are wishing for so the cost of making games is a lot cheaper. Something has to give because games are getting as expensive as movies to make and publishers are merging to offset the costs.

Games are better on PC's when everything works but the experience is a lot closer on consoles now as they are becoming more like mini PC's.

I have always been a big fan of Epic games they love PC's but they are trying hard to bring the PC experience to consoles. A lot of PC fans hate this but I like games and that is what is important not which system is best.

A lot of PC fans hate this but I like games and that is what is important not which system is best.

This does annoy me, the way PS3 has brought out they key board. When I saw that in a magazine I was like wtf, Consoles are just cheap ass copies of PC's now.

Yer' date=' 360 is at least 3 times cheaper than a gaming PC, its cheaper to run (not having to upgrade very often), easier to install new games and updates and stuff and i'm forever blowing up my hardrive so that would just get annoying.[/quote']

3 times cheaper cause it does 3 times less things as a PC. How is it cheaper to run? pay almost twice as much for games on consoles, that's my point on a PC you can upgrade with out having to buy a new PC, with a console you got to buy a new console all together, like Xbox 1 wasn't good enough to run TDU so they only brought it out for 360 cause it wasn't powerful enough, so this made people buy a 360.

Easier to install games and upddates? what so difficult about installing a game on a pc? and downloading an update?

And I only payed £400 for my PC. And it can run all latest games in High Spec, internet, useful programs, keyboard, mouse, monitor.

So I can do all of that for £400. A Xbox 360 Console (Includes: Xbox 360, 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, ethernet cable, HD AV cable and headset) costs £240.

Yes that's cheap, but you got to spend about £40 on a new game, a new TV to play it on. And you can only play games.

This is just my point of view.

I think i've always said PC is better for gaming if you spend the money but people have so much more problems with the PC which puts me off. First the hardware thing crash all the time, well they do for me but i'm an idiot, secound is the software, there seems to be more problems with PC game with saves going and all sorts with TDU. If it goes right PC games seemt o be the best but the Xbox seems to go right mroe often and is just so much easier.

FPS games need the keyboard and mouse. I wonder why there is no keyboard/mouse packages for consoles or the ability to use any usb keyboard/mouse. Racing games on the other hand are much more fun with the pad. I've preferred PC as a gaming platform but to get a good gaming pc costs a lot more than xbox360 so when my pc got too old to play anything new I bought xbox360.

I don't think the online play is so good. I really miss the keyboard when writing to other players. I know there is one, just need to buy it. I also miss the global chat which almost all pc games have. It's so much easier than just to press a key and write your message and everybody sees it than with xbox where you have to select a friend, select message, select text, write it, select send... blaa blaa blaa. There might be a quicker way but I don't know it.

Voice is also very bad since I can't use my own headset with it and when I plug in the xbox headset the other audio is still on my own headset...who idiot invented that feature.

Overall, I'm happy playing single player games with xbox but the user interface and the things mentioned above brings the online experience down a lot.