We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: PC Car Sound Upgrades! Pack 2 now ready!!

Mb

Nice video :)

I am going to drive the 350z more now :p

(Btw, is repping dead, or did everybody foget about it? :p Thought to get some rep by posting this lol :p)

I would have but need to spread some more. Anyway you have enough already. :p

• Replies 468
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure as hell gonna give you rep for this Mb. This is absolutely amazing :D.

One of the most important things about a car in a game is to make it sound good. Thats what makes me want to drive it a lot. Not many of the cars in TDU really pushed the boat out for me in the way of sounds but now I will drive the Gallardo Spyder a lot more. I mean for example going 22mph in 1st gear, it sounds like it did from Clarksons Review Video when he says "Bark"..."Quiet"... It's really amazing what a sound mod can do to a car. It has really made me think twice about it and has made the Gallardo Spyder feel more alive.

As you can see I have only tested the Gallardo Spyder so far so I will probably like the F430's but i'm yet to test them only because the servers are down as on my offline profile, I only have the Gallardo Spyder. Another thing to note in the Gallardo Spyder is the sound when your stopped especially at traffic lights (road rules). I love the car just sitting there with that noise of the engine in neutral ;).

So, overall, Yes I recommend this more than any mod produced for TDU so far, it's that good. If I was to rate the Gallardo Spyder sound it would be 10/10 as it is nearly perfect :D

I've just been and recorded this from my car, sorry about the music in the background i forgot to turn my car stereo down. As you can tell the new RS4 sound, is not like the real car itself. All you need to do is download the file from this safe host http://rapidshare.com/files/86364876/baldred_s_rs4_engine_sound.amr

I'll try and get it hosted on tdu-c servers asap.

Enjoy

Requires Real Player

it doesn't sound anything like that Baldred, it sounds (no offence) but more like a V8, like a big American lazy one, not a good euro V8

Well thats the real thing so it must sound like that, i know the game doesn't sound like thats as i had a file sent to me, so i could compare.

Indeed and thanks for sending me the file you have hosted on MSN. Sounds great as always :D. I have made a video of the F430 Spyder sound. I will include it at the bottom of this post ;)

@Shadow - How did you manage to get online as the servers haven't been working for over 24 hours. Or did you go online a while back to test the sounds?

Guest RB26DETT

wooo! i just finished test driving the cars with the sound mods and i am impressed.

gallardo: 4,000 - 5,000 RPM = best part!

f430: ignition sounds great and the engine sounds mean. i never really liked driving this car, but now i may reconsider

350z: sounds the same but with an added wastegate sound. the wastegate is mean!

sl65: not impressed.

rs4: i LOVE the sound but it sounds a bit american to me.

I wish they make more sound mods. I'd like mods for the Skyline, SLR McLaren, CC8S, and the Zonda.

There are some good some ok but overall the mods have made the engines more alive.

They will keep improving them as some are on version 4 already.

It's good they are spending lots of time to do something about the sounds. I wish I knew how to do it and start work on the other cars.

There are some good some ok but overall the mods have made the engines more alive.

They will keep improving them as some are on version 4 already.

It's good they are spending lots of time to do something about the sounds. I wish I knew how to do it and start work on the other cars.

Yes this would be great. Sounds like it's very difficult although you never know ;):p

Yes, I'd love to know how they did it so I could learn too. I'd drown a sack full of nuns to get my hands on a new skyline sound.

But the ones we have are pretty damn good overall! The lambo finally screams like a tortured moose, the RS4 has six-packs of grunt at last and thank goodness the SL65 doesn't sound like a blender any more!

i think, overall i was impressed, but i agree that they need zonda and SLR sounds, for the SLR, i found that the shelby GR-1 sound works well, it's the sound i use for it anyway, it sounds sooooo much worse then the real car with the original sound, but with the GR-1 sound, it sounds ABIT more like the real thing, not the same, it doesn't sound like a blender with TNT in it, with some spitfire added in, but still sounds nice.

Lovely mod.

Here's a video of the Gallardo i done, nothing exciting but ach well.

:p

Hey Adam. You should'a posted in the Introduction forum first ;). Anyway nice to have you on board. You said you were gonna join ages ago and I see you finally have. The central heating here is a necessity this time of year as it gets below freezing in some parts of the forum so make good use of it :D