We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driver Of The Week

S71NG3R

What do you think of Driver Of The Week?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Driver Of The Week?

• I like it
    • I hate it

I have a new idea Driver Of The Week to give more variety to the forum for those that like to drive more than take pictures.

This will run along side POTW so members can enter both if they want to. The winning time will have a cup to show they are DOTW in the forum.

What DOTW is, the fastest time set on a time trial or race event in TDU. The player has to take a picture (for consoles) or screen shot as evidence of the time. The image will follow the POTW rules maximum size 800 x 600 and posted when the player feels they have a winning time. You can change the picture as often as you like before the closing date. But you can only have one post with the picture so you must edit your post each time. This is to keep the thread tidy.

The winner at the end of the week with the fastest time can choose the next event. The only rule is the event must be different to the current DOTW event.

Please choose I like it or I hate it from the poll and add any suggestions comments.

Guest RB26DETT

where's the poll? lol

I LIKE IT!

my suggestion is to keep stay away from "The Millionaires Challenge" and "Tour of the Island Race" and reserve that for a later date.

EDIT: Saw the poll now. Voted for I like it.

I like it, another good idea.

How about if we have an award for a PC player and one for a 360 player?

I will see who's interested and then decide the best way. It would be good to have PC and console players mixed but I'm not sure if the PS2/PSP version have the same races.

So the DOTW options could be:-

PC

PS2

PSP

or

360/PC

PS2

PSP

I think we should do an ALL PLATFORM combination one to start with, and see if there is a definate difference in times etc. If there is, then we should split it up.

Maybe in future it could be PC/360 & PS2/P. As the PC and 360 are exactly the same (ish) except our lack of DLCs. And the same goes for PS2/P. I don't honestly think there is a great enough audience for PSP tbh ... meaning the same perosn could get it every week if there is only 1 person.

Nice idea :)

What about the car ? I think its more exciting if everyone drive the same car :) For the first DotW, Iced choose it, then the winner choose it for the next DotW ?

The class of car/bike is restricted by the event unless it's one that is unrestricted. You can use tuned car/bike's too if you want.

The first event will be chosen by me to start and then the winner will choose the next one.

Nice idea :)

What about the car ? I think its more exciting if everyone drive the same car :) For the first DotW, Iced choose it, then the winner choose it for the next DotW ?

HAHA what do you want from me ;)
The class of car/bike is restricted by the event unless it's one that is unrestricted. You can use tuned car/bike's too if you want.

The first event will be chosen by me to start and then the winner will choose the next one.

OK. When will it start? When the poll closes on the 3rd? Think this run on the same dates as PotW??

I think this is a better than the gumball rally. Not that it is bad Iced, I just think it is sooo complex. It bamboozles me.

You think the Gumball is complicatated - wow :oook:

You don't have to take part if you think it's complicated .... :p

CptDark, it's only complicated because Iced makes it like that. If he just said, lets turn up and race from here to here it'd be so much easier and there'd be less hassle. =P

But yeah, I can't do PotW due to the pixelation *cough*. But this'll be awesome ^.^

Yeah I was talking about something different ....

You said you don't participate in PotW beacuse of pixelation. I said you never come on TDU (different things ;)). i.e. you don't come to filming sessions or cruises now as you don't like the 20 FPS and 800x600. Oh btw, I do know how to use forums thanks. that's why I reminded you how to use the 'Quick Links' --> 'Today's Posts' thing :cool:

I was saying learn how to use one, in terms of stop spamming. Also, I've said it twice now but you don't seem to have understood... *angry*

I don't come on because I dont like it, and I said "Finally, something I might be able to participate in." Is there a light bulb in your head flashing now or do you still need me to explain it? <3

Well, my last post on this, as I need to go to college ;) and this is turning off topic ....

Any further will be on MSN (not on it yet)

You've said to me on many occasions (MSN and in Maths / ICT) that you don't come on TDU because you don't like the 20FPS and the 800x600. And you've said you find it boring, and I said that's because you never come to any cruises ..... Which is why I try and get you to come to some and try and get you to come to filming, but you say you cba due to 800x600 and 20FPS .....

Get what I'm saying? <3

Anyway, bye bye - cya in Maths :D

Calm down, this is a forum not a library.

Also, Iced was just leaving for college and couldn't be bothered to log on MSn anyway.

Lastly, it was on-topic. Actually.

kthxbai.

[[Editted: because Iced didn't want the post including his IRL name. So I put Iced instead.]]