We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Photoshoppers WANTED for help with Top Gear video

Iced_Bullet

You may be wondering why I'm asking help from photoshoppers for a video. Well to make the Top Gear video work, it highly rests on the in-car shots being realistic.

I tried just using the raw video from when the car left the garages, but when the presenters are talking for 20 seconds, the video is very laggy with it being streched.

What I have done, and am in the process of doing, is using Vegas' handy shap-shot tool to take a screen shot of (nearly) every frame of a video clip of a character coming out of the garage.

The Character does not really move very much, but having him move a little bit is better than not at all. Also, in some garages, the driver turns the wheel. I am currently thinking of doing 2 sets of these for each character. So in total, 320 images. which is why I need help! I will do most of it, just i;m asking so you can lighten my load :) The amount you do is up to you :) The more images you do, the higher you will be in the video credits of photoshoppers :p

For a 4 second clip, there are 40 images.

I have this:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/JPG_JM_15.jpg

And need to turn it into this:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Done_JM_15.png

I really would like some (even if it's a little bit) of help from some people. As I don't really want to trall infront of photoshop for hours on my lonesome getting RSI :(

I will get all the images up in the next day. I need advanced photoshoppers, so the images do not look crap. Sorry.

Please say if you're interested, then we can talk about how you would like to start (with a .psd with transparency etc)

So you just wanna get rid of the background, and have a transparent windscreen? No probs, I'm in :)
Thanks both. When my mum gets off the Laptop, I will upload around 20 pictures for you each with the .psd to make it easier. Just say if you would like to do some more and I'll happily put some more up for you :p

In the .psd, I have the transparent window on another layer.

Here are your rar files with 20 images in, and the .psd file with the window in.

You need to add a black background to the original image. Then group / merge them together, so you make the image with the background, so in esence you're making it non-translucent. Then ... cut out the background and window. Add a tranaprency of 47% to the window. Then save as a .png.

Thanks in advance. I'm not in a rush to get these, but anytime over the next few days would be best :) thanks.

KingSkyline:

http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_1.rar

Randy:

http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_2.rar

Here are your rar files with 20 images in, and the .psd file with the window in. As Vegas decided to put some tranpsarency on the video screen-shot. you need to add a solid black background behind each image. Making it non-translucent. Thanks in advance. I'm not in a rush to get these, but anytime over the next few days would be best :) thanks.

KingSkyline:

http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_1.rar

Randy:

http://icedbullet.googlepages.com/JM_Images_Files_2.rar

I'll get on it when I can get onto my comp.

OK, thanks Mb.

@ Everyone. The sooner this gets done, the sooner the video will be released! :) I just need anoher filming sesh for the car park scene and a few motorway ones here and there. Then I need to do the in-car ones. And that'll be the time consuming thing.

I am actally hating myself for being a perfectionist :mad:

Okay whatever. But you did say ;)

Oh yeah. Right ...

You need to add a black background to the original image. Then group / merge them together, so you make the image with the background, so in esence you're making it non-translucent. Then ... cut out the background and window. Add a tranaprency of 47% to the window. Then save as a .png.

I shall edit that previous post. Sorry for confusslion

Yup. I tried my lot for the second in-car ferrari. And it turns out that the blue bits don't really matter. It's just the face that needs to be perfect. Oh and if you just copy and paste that layer into the next image, then just use the magic wand tool to select the b'ground as the car bits don't move. It's just the face. So it makes it a damn side quicker if you do that then fiddle with the face selection :)

Oh, and there is a bit in the wing mirror which needs to come out ... :p

OK. I shall get the next load uploaded on saturday. I've got to give up a day of my holidays to go into college and do some of my Graphics C/W tomorrow, then we have a cruise at 8.

How many do you think you'll want to do? The others got 20. In total, I have another 160 to do :p But the end result is amazing. I put a load of the F430 ones I did, into the film and it worked a treat!

I have to do a lot of work on my Dad's website, which obviously take priority as it's for his business and the motorbike racing season is about to start and sponsorship info needs to be on there. And the program corrupted my file, so I'm having to do a lot of the work again ¬¬

Should have most done over the weekend...?