We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial: Create Your Own Number Plate

Iced_Bullet

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShiZzl3
ok thanks

EDIT2: The BNK editor isn't working for me!

any ideas? do i have to extract it to certain spot? help please

Guest ShiZzl3
What exactly is going wrong?

i have created the image but to implement it into tdu, with bnk editor and tdu tool, they don't work.... as soon as i extract and fun, it says app failed, so i cant get it in tdu.

i have created the image but to implement it into tdu, with bnk editor and tdu tool, they don't work.... as soon as i extract and fun, it says app failed, so i cant get it in tdu.
Well I don't know what's going on ... are you sure you followed the tutoiral exactly? And are you getting the error message when you start up TDU?

Guest ShiZzl3
Well I don't know what's going on ... are you sure you followed the tutoiral exactly? And are you getting the error message when you start up TDU?

its just when i try to run the bnk editor.. does game have to be running for it to work?

Guest ShiZzl3
No.

Delete the bnk editor then re-download it. It works for everyone else ... :S

And tell me exactly what you do when you're creating the number plate and when you get the error.

i followed all instructions on how to create number plate, and saved it right, right size/file etc. but when it gets to the bit about opening the bnk editor, when i try open it from folder on desktop it says

"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application"

so i cant go any further with the numberplate now.

Sorry to jump into the conversation, but I have the exact same error as Shizzle. It happens everytime I try to launch the BNK file editor.

Iced bullet, if I email you my plate (I already made it with toshop) would you be kind enough to put it in bnk format for me?

Or if anyone knows how to solve the problem with the bnk editor, it would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to help other players Iced bullet. This kind of generous behaviour is so rare nowadays...

McQ.

from testdriveunlimited.fr

Next lot of plates:

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

M4SER4T1 v1.0

Remember to rename to 'Common_car.bnk'

[Download]

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/M4SER4T1.jpg

T3h Reaper v1.0

[Download]

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/plate.jpg

1 CR4SH v1.0

[Download] *will have finished uploading a few minutes after 21:58 GMT*

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/plate-1.jpg

Thanks for the offer but I would like to know how to do it for future reference.

I'm not certain if that is the plate I want, it was just one I made to try it out and I wouldn't want to waste your time.

OK, i'm here to help;)

Thanks for the offer but I would like to know how to do it for future reference.

I'm not certain if that is the plate I want, it was just one I made to try it out and I wouldn't want to waste your time.

I just spent about 10 minutes trying to find out how to do it, but every site, including the official site were linking me to this - http://nifelheim.dyndns.org/~cocidius/dds I downloaded it, but it isn't straightforward so gave up after 5 minutes of staring at the unreadable files. Feel free to download and have a go ...

Or wait around and I will have another look around.

I got that and the normalmap plugin but I think the problem is you cant save the final dds as the correct format (32bit) - my first effort kinda worked but it looked just like the example you show before the final dds save - ie blue.

Gonna try it in Photoshop now... lol

Woot Woot cracked it - it didn't occur to me that you make the first dds to provide the new plate file and the blue one for ws_plate, once I understood that it worked like a peach.

I had this daft idea of themed plates so for my "Bullitt" Mustang....

20080411210334.jpg

BNK file is here, if anyone wants it.

Done a few others too (I got a bit carried away)

Magnum PI (there were a few different ones they used)

magnum1.jpgmagnum2.jpgmagnum3.jpg

Eleanor from Gone in Sixty Seconds

eleanor.jpg

Thanks for figuring this out - great fun.