We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial: Create Your Own Number Plate

Iced_Bullet

ahh okay thnx very much..

But what I did not understand was where we are meant to get two files from..

One is the

plate .dds file you saved from Photoshop/GIMP

and other

the new ws_plate.dds file you saved from Photoshop/GIMP

I only get one file from photoshop... after I've made the numberplate... I save it as dds as shown in tut... thats the only file... so when it came to replacing both the plate and ws_plate I put the same photoshop DDS numberplate file for both (in the middle row on the TDU modding tool)...

Sorry 4 all the questions.. It's just I'm the sort of person who won't "rest" until I figure something out so I can do it.. annoying ehh but its good to not be self reliant.. though I appreciate your help 110% .

thnx.

Edit: I got my answer

The nromal design and filtered design, you can save as any name. But you must then remember to convert it using the TDU Modding Toos.

For the normal design, when in the dds -> 2db, in the original file bit, it must be the plate.dds and for the filtered, it must be ws_plate.2db Then, in the bnk repacker, replace the plate.2db with the (your new) normal .2db and replace the ws_plate.2db with your new filtered 2.db file.

I have never really been good at explaining things ... but it has worked for everyone else ...

From http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3839 that guy was in the same situation as me.. our plates were identical :p

thnx.. may be the above should be included in the tut for newbs like me :p

thnx

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was the bit that tripped me up - think of plate as the colour version and ws_plate as the image that provides the 3d effect (the blue filtered one)

ahh yeahhh

Thanks for the words of wisdom there my friend. I thank you for your help today, I very much appreciate it. Now I can have a good nights sleep as I think I've well and truly wrapped this one up.

:monkeydance:

:D

I just designed a licenseplate and added some funny text to it. Here are six of them, just so... :cool:

I wasn't sure wheter to post this in the show-off thread or here, so I posted it here.

--edit--

Downloadlinks now go to zip download with bnk inside.

- Little Ghost

M4D - 1337

[Download]

puvtsnwror.jpg

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

GLBL WRMR

[Download]

ihpekgubnk.jpg

CU560M PL8

[Download]

qroptkpbzg.jpg

X32 lARO

(to bad you can't read it in you rearview mirror... )

[Download]

iboabkijsa.jpg

W8 N SEE

[Download]

zpchgemoeg.jpg

C3N50R3D

[Download]

uixqvheesd.jpg

it says that I have an invalid session set, wtf is that supposed to mean?

edit: neva mind, downloaded it

Still weird.

I googled it, more people seem to have the problem... at least sometimes.

I'll ad a link to my signature to open up a second way to get to the files (for when this might happen in the future ).

Enjoy your plates! :)

so it would be clearer and sharper, and the little bend that is in the original is gone. Ow, and the dimensions didn't add up to the ones needed.

I can still modify it if there's something you'd like to change. Some thing I just changed the way I thought would look best. (for instance: the stretching is something I dislike, but if you don't do it, it looks very ... "empty"... because the dimensions of a rela plate are different)

Finally got TDU today and i followed the steps to creating/importing new number plates but except when trying to replace 'plate.2db' it says "It has to be 56bytes larger than the BNK Editor allows. It will truncated to fix" Is this a error or something?

Here is what im trying to put as my number plate. :)

Basically yes, it means the file ur using for plate.2db is the wrong file size. Try re-extracting the plate.2db from the bnk, then try again. The file you show in the attachment is the right pixel size but you might have used the wrong dds settings when saving it resulting in the file being the wrong size in bytes.

Finally got TDU today and i followed the steps to creating/importing new number plates but except when trying to replace 'plate.2db' it says "It has to be 56bytes larger than the BNK Editor allows. It will truncated to fix" Is this a error or something?

Here is what im trying to put as my number plate. :)

Did you convert to .2db ?? or are you trying to replace with the .dds? If you are ... then that's where you went wrong.

• 2 weeks later...