We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Almost Totaled My New Jeep!

Easterner

Hey guys, I'm just hopping around the site and saw a random chat section so I decided to share my story with you. The other day, I decided to go mud bogging with my new 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. So I'm driving through some pits and stuff then upcomes what appears to be a minor puddle. So, I gas it. Well, long story short, it wasn't a puddle. More so giantic bog! The Jeep was then turned into a submarine :).... I was panicing, therefore I paryed to God (i'm Christian) that some one would come around, and sure enough, someone did! It turned out to be a little 1995 2.4 in-line 4 wrangler. I thought it wasn't going to get the Jeep out, but to my ostonishment, it did. The Jeep was completely tan, although the paint is black. The motor was fixable, and was... fixed. But, after I was pulled out, I drove on over to a local power wash car wash thing, but I didn't realize it said, "PLEASE, No Heavy-Duty Mud". So... they nipped at me and I left with around $20 (US) short, although thats not bad for the sand castle I left behind :D...

What You Have Learned:

1) Don't go wheeling by your self

2) Always take a video camera with you, because it was just amazing to watch it get pulled out

3) Dont piss-off the carwash shack

4) Don't underestimate puddles...

Here's the place I was at with a couple of friends on Memorial Day Weekend....

from what i heard, they do. But i have a soft top :D but yeah they have plugs on the bottom and you can just drain the water and hose off the carpet. the cool thing with the jk wranglers now is that the rubicon edition comes with an electronic sway bar disconnection for more articualtion and electronic fornt and rear lockers... very handy! although the new wranglers lack power, even with a 4:10 axel!