We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

You shall place the modding Tools anywhere as long as you can fully access to the folder. :)

If you're talking about "TDU main folder not set properly", that's because you have not set the tools up. Go to File>Settings menu then in TDU root locate where TDU is installed (typically C:\Program Files\Test Drive Unlimited)

First off all, Im a new guy.

Have a little experience with replacing models and such.

But, here's the thing. I've downloaded the Plymouth Roadrunner.

I put everything in the Vehicules map but when i search the car in game, My game crashes.

Then i read the Read Me file wich was included, And it says there that i need a bnk1.map file.

Searched that here on the forums wich i found it.

But it says Without the carpack.

Me, the newb that i am, downloaded it and replaced it.

But now all my megapack cars like the dodge charger are gone... :eek:

Is there a bnk1.map file for players with the carpack?

because the Roadrunner replaces the Corvette '57 i do need the officiall carpack.

Quite strange for me as a newb but i hope you guys can help me :)

EDIT: Never Mind, Already got it working. I need to read more...

A few facts:

- it's better to always use latest final version to have bugs fixed and new features. Latest final is 1.6.1.

- 1.5 does not show which file(s) were changed. 1.6 makes them blue.

- the message you get when closing File Browser is just a warning. If you did apply before, you can ignore that.

- Numbers are not guaranteed as I've said in the tuto. I don't have TDU here so I can't test and find out what entries to rename.

On the other hand, nothing prevents you to test changes on other lines and other files (TDU_CarPhysicsData for example - there are also brand names).

Thanks for having tested anyway ;) I'll update the tuto asap.

- To download official version, there's now about 6000 file downloads from the beginning. So don't bother with reading french... just click on button at the bottom.

To solve any misunderstandings, I've just written in red how to download file. I didn't think it would be necessary, though :rolleyes:

Hi,

just replace your Bnk1.map (Test Drive Unlimited\euro\bnk) by the one available in the first post (according to your TDU version).

I hope it makes sense ;)

---

There are some news :)

I'm currently working on the Tools 1.7 beta, version which will be available about the 9th of February.

In the future, I'm planning to remove this beta step as there are much more people giving feedback on a final release - thus I wouldn't bother me to make versions for nothing.

Anyway, here are contents of this 1.7:

• Tons of bugs fixed (...just joking)
  • Lots of code re-written or cleaned. Should be more efficient.
  • Replace method with bnk size modification is now a default (thx MagicMap ^^). Old method is still available, of course.
  • First use: TDU install folder is detected automatically (looking into Windows registry)
  • Script engine: allowing everyone to execute instructions (to save you from repetitive and boring tasks)
  • Script editor: new module, Patch Editor, to write and tests scripts
  • TDU Mod And Play executable: new app to execute your scripts on other PCs (useful to install mods for a noobie :) )
  • Linkage: Jeff Harris' BNK Editor does not appear on main window anymore
  • Experimental feature 1: DDS>2DB conversion without need of specifying original 2DB file (allow saving DDS with another compression method)
  • Experimental feature 2: a new module to customize brand and model names (yet, this feature is not guaranteed because of some TDU limitations).

As always, comments and ideas are welcome :p

I want the Install folder to be installed automatically

polite requests, you know ? :cough:

for now you are the one person encountering problems when settings the tools up. by the way, i didn't understand a word of what you've said.