We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cant open TDU! :(

[TC]>Lee<

This is what it says.

We suspect you are receiving this error message as a result of the use of an emulation program that tampers registry keys.

Note: These tampered entries have NOT been caused by SecuROM™. Please also note, you should only delete duplicate entries and not any others. SecuROM™ is not liable for any problems caused by using these instructions. We provide them only as a service and to assist with repairing the launch issue.

• Please open the registry editor (Start->Run->regedit) and move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ area (by clicking on this folder, you will see all the entries on the right side). Look at the entries with an alpha designation (ie: \DosDevices\Letter_Here). You should see one of entries with letters with duplicate entries. If you delete the duplicate entry (right mouse click and choose 'Delete' from the choices), you should be able to exit RegEdit and launch your program.
  • If the problem persists, please delete all REG_BINARY entries in this folder (only blue ones on the right side). Reboot your computer immediately, the entries will be re-established, and the game should start.

• "Please open the registry editor (Start->Run->regedit) and move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ area (by clicking on this folder, you will see all the entries on the right side). Look at the entries with an alpha designation (ie: \DosDevices\Letter_Here). You should see one of entries with letters with duplicate entries. If you delete the duplicate entry (right mouse click and choose 'Delete' from the choices), you should be able to exit RegEdit and launch your program.
  • If the problem persists, please delete all REG_BINARY entries in this folder (only blue ones on the right side). Reboot your computer immediately, the entries will be re-established, and the game should start."

It aint got any duplicate entrys! and i dont wanna delete all REG_BINARY entries coz i dont know what that does ..

All was well yesterday, everything worked, now TDU just doesn't start up at all. I get the ATARI jingle, then the Eden one, then a very prettty black screen for a few seconds and then a crash to desktop. :eek:

Tried re-installing, there's no blink file in system32... but it still crashes and it worked perfectly until now. :cry:

EIDT: Let's try a system restore...

DIET: ...and a re-install...

IDET: ...no. MY TDU IS DEAD!! :eek_blue:

TEDI: Fixed. Don't install custom radio stations as the manual says ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

BUMP

I am getting the same message on my T60 lenovo laptop and a quad core game spec PC.

I have a spotless original disk which works fine in my main PC. The other two computers have all required criteria fulfilled but still this infernal message and lack of playability.

I have mailed the report to securom and all i got back was an automated e-mail (to which i have replied) and eagerly await their excuse..

Anybody got any other ideas?