We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Microsoft looking into early GTA:IV players

t.

(Via Kotaku)

A peek at Gamercard aggregator MyGamerCard.com reveals a long list of Xbox 360 users already racking up achievements on Grand Theft Auto IV since an illegal torrent of the game was leaked yesterday and early copies started showing up in people's homes.

Neither Rockstar nor Microsoft itself have yet responded to Kotaku's requests for comment. Neither has Sony commented on any action it might take regarding video of the game being played on its network — video that GameTrailers, for its part, has since pulled — so it's unclear yet how any of them plan to address the software pirates.

Xbox Live's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, did say, however, that he was unable to comment yet due to the "need to look into this further," so we can assume that Microsoft, at least, is investigating.

Here is my screen grab from MyGamerCard.net.

a57ups.png

Sorry but how stupid do you have to be to do this on LIVE? Ok if your pre-order turned up early but those of them using chipped consoles will face buying new 360's. Some of their mottos even boast of having it early.

Time will tell I guess as to whether or not they get banned. I remember banning occurring after the Halo 3 early players scenario.

The torrent was PAL region and MGC reflects this as there isn't an American in the list.

A peek at Gamercard aggregator MyGamerCard.com reveals a long list of Xbox 360 users already racking up achievements on Grand Theft Auto IV since an illegal torrent of the game was leaked yesterday and early copies started showing up in people's homes.

well done twm you found that quick, stupid people not condonin this but gosh just play it on another profile.:)

a copy and paste of part of what posted in another GTA thread as I'm Lazy.

Its also worth noting that M$ have been known to ban people who play games before they are released. Thats why a few people who I know who somehow aquire games before release dates don't go on live again until the game has been released.

http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=62303&postcount=31

Edit:

Just looked on MGC and found there is 4 people online playing it now. idiots

http://www.mygamercard.net/tracker.php#GTAIV

Depends on how MS want to be with it, normally most games they let you off if you are playing a day early, I think I have even seen people online 2 days before, but with this being an in demand title they might do something iirc they were going to with Halo until one of the stores sold in stupidly early.

Personally if I got a proper copy delivered early I would play offline until the game is released.

This is a good argument you could argue both sides of the coin on this one.

I mean if you have a chipped 360 & you download the game before Tuesday you know what fairplay to you, hell I would.

At the sametime you get it delivered early and its not your fault do you then, not go online because you are scared that you will be banned even though its out of your control ??????

Or

You can play dumb if you do get early I would 'Sorry Microsoft/R*/Take 2 I didn't realise the game was out on the 29th April, my apoligies it won't happen again :rolleyes:'

Personally if ASDA were selling it today I would buy it (hell I just went to Morrisons has I heard a rumour it was there, it wasn't :(!).

So I put this question to all of you:

If you could buy it today legit, would you buy it and would you sign into xbox live while playing it ?????

I would, at the end of the day if you brought it you could just play dumb and complain to Microsoft customer services I would :).

If it was legit I would still play offline until Monday night as then in half of the world it would be Tuesday.

Unlegit players with chipped xboxs players online will get there XBox banned from XBL regardless to what game they are on.

ATM theres at least 8 people online now on GTA and 786 who have played it (just the mgc signed up people)