We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mission & Story Discussion: *May Contain Spoilers*

Eudemon

Finished it at 2am last night...

how did you guys finish, after 'that special someone'?

i killed darko, then killed dimitri.

the end was quite sad really with kate getting shot :(

still, the ending does leave the possibility of things getting better with the DLC episodes...

• 3 weeks later...

Finished it about 2 days after getting it (although I did hammer the game hard)

Then I started again and did the whole story without getting busted/wasted once (Want a screenie as proof? no problem)

Started a 3rd game this morning (not gonna be walking for a few days on this ankle it seems :() and am planning on making all the decisions the opposite of before to see how it could have ended.

There is only 2 endings as far as I know and the not busted thing is pretty easy but the not wasted would be difficult, if you did it in one without loading your game backup or switching off then hats off. Plus to be honest, it's hard not to waste yourself in this game going after a FIB Buffalo or SWAT truck or even just jumping out your helo and trying to hit a vehicle below.

There is only 2 endings as far as I know and the not busted thing is pretty easy but the not wasted would be difficult, if you did it in one without loading your game backup or switching off then hats off. Plus to be honest, it's hard not to waste yourself in this game going after a FIB Buffalo or SWAT truck or even just jumping out your helo and trying to hit a vehicle below.

Only loaded game when my xbox crashed on me (sometimes after stringing together several missions :mad:)

I tried to avoid cop activity at all costs and chose to take cover for extra length as opposed to my usual method of run 'n' gun lol.

I also completed every mission first try and never failed a mission (not hard considering I already knew where all the hard bits of the game was and how to avoid them.)

I do advise trying this out though when you are bored because it really is a challenge, you find yourself running away from fights with pedestrians to grab a hotdog LOL.

Trying to get some decent pics of the stats screen though....

EDIT: /Fail on the quality :( but there you go, any other stats you would like to see? ask away. :)

EDIT2: Just want to say, I finished the story around 22 hours into this save and have since just been messing around (trying to get 100% with all living friends and the 3 GF's, and finishing up on some side-missions like Brucies car exports and Stevies car boosts... haven't done any assassination missions yet either.) Got the Liberty City Minute achievement with this save too :D

Wow look at the money you have if you don't keep having to pay medical bills and buying weapons. lol

Thats nothing, I still have a shedload of stuff to get money from yet haha.

Will post pics here as soon as I get to 100% :D

Thanks for the Rep Iced :) (nice comment also hehe)

GTA IV is by far the easiest GTA ever though, mainly because everything comes together nicely this time, ie, cover system and shooting (in past GTA's the gunfights were always a case of biggest gun wins). It actually isn't much easier than GTA3, but simply because everything actually works this time round it 'seems' easier.

@ Diablo, I am getting a picture of the amount spent on weapons as I type :D

EDIT: $8,250 :D

Im annoyed that theres no mansions involved at all, i mean the 3rd safehouse you get aint bad, buts its a flat, a mansion with more parking spaces etc would be awesome

Yeah. I was expecting to get Pegorino's house. I mean you got Playboy's if you killed him! They even animated the garage doors, so why not? :mad:

Can't be bothered making a new thread for this, but it's story related so it can go here.

I heard from a little bird that one of the DLC missions has Niko breaking Gerry McReary out of prison. Source is kind of reliable, he knew lots about the game before it's release anyway.

That almost sounds like a mission that should have been in from the start tbh. Also after listening to the news after you complete the game I can see a mission for Bernie popping up where you have to stop info getting out or something like that.

In my opinion the extras missions should be about Dimitrij's men coming after you and you have to stop them. Or add something completely different from what you would expect.