We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Buying the game, a good decision?

TJ92

Hey everybody.

Im considering buying this game, as to me it looks really awesome and everything, but before I do I would like to have an oppinion from people who's playing the game. First of all, how does this game actually work? As I understand that you can't just log online and get yourself an Enzo right away. So somebody please explain to me how it works and stuff, and stuff like if there's a lot of people playing it and so on. As well, is it possible to download a demo for it? Would be nice to try it out before I'll go use my money.

Thank you in advance.

Yes there is a demo, I have never played it so ill look into it, But this is how the game works:

You Arrive at an airport in Oahu, You pick your character, then you choose a hire car out of the selection.

Then you Drive to buy a house so you have a garage for your car collection.

After your hire goes and you go to buy your first car.

Then after that your free to Do races and buy better cars with the money as it goes on, and more houses are available for when your garage fills up, but the houses come at a price!

If you want to know anything else dont hesitate to ask

Hmh, would you recommend me to buy a steering wheel for playing? Only tried playing with one in a few other games before, and though it makes such games with vehicles funnier. Can't tell yet about TDU, as I have no idea how the steering is in it. And, if I buy a car, am I then able to do paintjobs on it, change the rims, give it a spoiler and stuff like that?

Steering wheel is a lil your own choice, most people have it, but many also play with keyboard

yes, after you have bought the car, you can repaint it (stock or custom) but you cant give it spoiler or stuff like that. You can mod the rims, check the modding forum here :)

I would highly recommend a wheel for it - it certianly makes the game a whole lot more realistic. One of the main features of TDU is the uninterrupted free roam around the whole of Oahu and on gentle road crusies/when following road rules a wheel (or just a pad, such as an Xbox controller) make it so much easier and smoother.